2

Avi slide his thumb across the screen quickly, answering his husbands call.

"Tim," he breathed out in relief when he brought the phone to his ear. He laid on his side and out his head down on the pillow, grabbing up Tim's pillow and hugging it close to him.

"Hey, sweetheart," Tim smiled on the other end. "Is everything alright?"

Avi thought about telling Tim about the recent caller, but he decided not to. "Yeah, everything is great. Except that you're not here," he pouted.

Tim chuckled sadly and pulled at a string on his pants. "I miss you, darling."

Avi hid his face in Tim's pillow, and his eyes teared up. "I miss you more. When are you coming home?"

"I'm not sure, honey. How bout I surprise you," he answered, trying to make the mood better because he knew Avi was upset now.

There was silence on Avi's end. Tim thought that maybe he had hung up, but that wasn't the case.

"Still there?" Tim spoke quietly.

Avi began to nod, but realized Tim obviously couldn't see him. "Yeah.. I'm here." He sniffled a little and rubbed his eye.

"Awe, man, c'mon sugar.. Don't cry," Tim pleaded. He felt his eyes begin to grow heavy, and he tried keeping them open for Avi's sake.

Avi couldn't help it. A tear left his eye, and he thought back to the phone call. Was the person really serious about what they had said?

Avi hope Tim would never do something like to him, but now he wasn't so sure.

"Tim?" He sniffled.

Tim smiled just slightly. "Mhm?"

"Sing to me.. I want to hear your voice."

Tim smiled and began singing the old song that had made them fall in love with each other. Ring Of Fire was always a favorite of theirs.

Avi's frown broke into a smile, and he hid his face back into the pillow. He closed his eyes and began to feel himself falling asleep.

Tim noticed that Avi had fallen asleep about halfway through the song, but he kept going anyways.

He finished off the song quietly, listening to the steady breathing of Avi sleeping gently.

He leaned over and turned off the light, falling back into his bed.

"Goodnight, angel."

a/n: oh hello. By the way, guys. The cover was made by my really good friend Ethan.(Also known as alwaysplatonic ) So go give him some love for the amazing edit he created :3