10

Avi got home late that night, hoping for a phone call with Tim. He figured that Tim would be asleep though, so his hope was slowly diminishing.

He collapsed on the floor beside his bed, pulling out his phone. He dialed Tim's number, waiting desperately for an answer, but all he got was voicemail.

Avi sighed sadly and locked his phone, leaving him in complete darkness, except for the dim moonlight shining through the blinds.

He tried calling back three more times, and on the last try, he left Tim a message.

"Hey, Timmy," he began, rubbing tears from his eyes. "I know that it's probably, like, two a.m. right now.. but-but I just needed to hear your voice... and I know you most likely won't get this until morning, so could you call me as soon as you hear this message? I'm gonna hang up now... I love you."

Avi threw his phone up on the bed, and slowly started to fall asleep on the floor.

But little did he know that his Timmy was on the way home.

~~~

The sound of the door opening is what woke him up.

Avi sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He heard the front door slam shut, and then the cursing of another person in the house.

With his eyebrows furrowed, he walked out of the room, with nothing to arm him.

He walked down the stairs, and turned the corner slowly, trying to see who was in his home. It probably wasn't his best idea, but he could only blame the sleepiness that he was feeling.

"Who is it.." He said quietly.

The figure turned around, dropping everything in his arms. He smiled before he reached over and turned on the kitchen light so Avi would be able to see.

Not once did it cross Avi's mind that it would be Tim. When the light flickered on, he stared for a moment, allowing his tired mind to register who was standing in front of him.

When his body finally caught up with his brain, he gasped, and his eyes grew wide as they filled with tears that immediately started falling.

He ran forward and jumped into Tim's waiting arms, wrapping his legs around Tim's waist and hiding his face in his neck.

"Tim... Timmy, you're home.."