Falkner x Reader (Sky Battle)

"You ready, (Yn)?"

"Ready as ever!"

"Let's go, Pidgeotto!"

"C'mon, Fearow!'

You and Falkner were facing off in a sky battle. A new type of battle you heard about from a friend in the Kalos Region.

"Pidgeotto, Quick Attack!"

"Counter with Drill Peck, Fearow!"

Your battle lasted a while. However, by an inch, you came out victorious.

"Yes! Awesome job, Fearow!"

"You did amazing friend, thank you." Falkner said to his grounded Pidgeotto. He returned it to it's pokeball, as you did Fearow, and walked over to you. "I don't know how you do it, (Yn). I just can't seem to best you.."

"Me and Fearow did some special training." You smiled.

"I can tell." He smiled back. There was always an odd way he'd look at you. Always a hint of pride, or happy sadness, in his eyes.

"You okay?" You finally decided to ask him about it.

"Oh, yes. I'm alright. I'm just thinking how strong you've become." He shook his head, the look in his eyes disappearing.

"Do you think I'm ready to take on Clair?"

"You've been ready for that for so long now... I believe you have what it takes to become the Champion." He had that look in his eyes again. He must have seen the look on your face, because he snapped out of it.

"Falkner...Tell me the truth." You said softly.

"You will hate me after..." He looked down at the ground.

"You know I could never hate you." You said, hugging him. He hugged you back, pulling you close. You stayed tightly pulled together for a while, swaying back and forth. 

"Please..?" You said after awhile.

"I love you. But Morty does too... He always told me to stay away from you.  Telling me you'd like him better because he's stronger..."

"That's not true." You looked up at him. "I love you much more than him."

"Wait-" He looked down, surprised. "L-love me?"

"Yes, you idiot." You laughed. You leaned up and kissed his lips. He froze, surprised. He then came to his senses and leaned down to return it.

You giggled as you two kissed and hugged. He even twirled you around a bit. 

"I love you." He murmured against your lips.

"I love you too, bird boy." You teased him. He smiled and kissed you again. Normally he'd yell at you for calling you that. But right now, it seemed he didn't care. Nether did you, concerning Morty's incoming call. You hung up, not looking twice.