Paul x Reader (Excuses)

"I'm just saying. You can use your PokeDex to get better Pokemon. Only certain ones have a certain potential."

You rolled your eyes.

"Every Pokemon has potential. It's up to the trainer to bring it out of them." You argued back.

"Whatever." He scoffed. 

"What are you even here for?"

You were out looking for Pokemon when Paul, your rival, interrupted you. He raised his chin like the cocky bastard he is and told you not to throw pokeballs so willy-nilly. That not every Pokemon has the ability to become strong.

"Why else?" He snorted. "For a battle."

"You know what?" You huffed. "I don't feel like battling with you. It'd be an insult to my Pokemon." You whipped your head around, now being sassy yourself, and walked away with your Zebstrika following you. "I can't stand him." You told it.

"Striiikka.." It said, obviously agreeing. 

"Hey! Wait a second!" 

You internally groaned. What did he want?

"If you're going to enter the up-coming tournament, you're never going to get past me."

"And what does that have to do with anything?" You asked, whipping around. "Come on, now it seems like you're making up excuses to talk to me." You teased.

"What?! No! I-"

"Awww.. I'm flattered." You laughed.

"That's- That's not why!" He protested. 

"Really? Because I've never seen you this flustered before." It was true, Paul was usually calm and collected. "Is somebody losing their cool?"

"I'm am not losing anything! Especially not to you in the tournament!" He yelled, stomping away.

"Alright then," You giggled. "see you there."