*Spring Break Special!* Kiawe x Reader

WOOOOOOO! Coming in hot for the last part of the Spring Break Special series! Oh... hah... hot... Get it? I did a pun, I made a PUN!

Out of everyone in the class right now, you were probably the most uncomfortable. Don't misunderstand, you hated school, but it was not that fact that gave you the oh-so-familiar feeling of dread.

"Unless you use a Z-Move for the greater good of Pokemon and the world, you'll never be able to master it." Kiawe said sternly, ending his speech.

"Excellent presentation Kiawe!" The teacher clapped. Kiawe nodded and walked back to his desk, side-glancing at you on the way. He usually said hello to you in the morning, but once he noticed your new Z-Ring, his eyes narrowed and he never moved an inch from his chair until it was time for his lecture. It was supposed to be about what you're passionate about, today being Kiawe's turn, and his was supposed to be about his partner, Turtonator. The look you saw on his face when he stepped up however, immediately told you that this was no longer the case. He then proceeded to perfectly wing the whole speech about Z-Moves instead, how the bond between Pokemon and trainer was crucial and that power came with great responsibility. 

The school bell rang, and you practically busted the classroom door down trying to get out of the room. In your school, Pokemon either had to stay in their pokeballs or in the courtyard. As soon as your Ninetales (Alolan) saw you, it ran to you.

"Don't worry Velvet, I'm okay..." You sighed, saying your partner's nickname softly and petting it's neck.

"Niieeeen..." It whined, licking your hand. It knew you better than to believe that you were fine at that moment; red-faced, out of breath, and near tears.

"(YN)!" You heard a stone-cold tone yell from behind you. Taking your tensed reaction as a cue, Velvet jumped in front of you and let out a roar at Kiawe, who was about six feet away.

"What...?" You whimpered. Kiawe was now looking at Velvet, who was fiercely snarling up a storm. "You didn't have to do all that, you know..."

"I wanted you to understand that-" 

"I can understand just fine by myself, thanks!" You snapped. "I don't need your help!" Your tone of voice was only pushing Velvet towards the edge of attacking. Kiawe made a noise from his throat and continued to eye it. In theory, a Turtonator should be able to beat a Ninetales no problem, but he had seen you both battle together and knew of the immense power Velvet would draw from within itself to protect you, at any cost.

"I apologize. I just want you to be aware of what you and your partners are capable of." He now looked you in the eye. "You say that you may not need help, but it wasn't easy for me either." He confessed.

"Really?" 

"Of course it wasn't. Z-Moves take time and effort to perfect." 

You both stood, for a few minutes, in a silence void of anything except awkwardness and Velvet's snarling. You gently pulled it back to your side and it calmed a bit, but it's gaze was still locked on Kiawe.

"Tell you what," He offered, "next week is spring break. Why don't you let me help you with training? You'll be able to devote a lot of time to it."

"I don't know..." You said uneasily, looking down at Velvet.

"I understand that you want to experience things for yourself, that's natural. However, sometimes you need a hand to push you to where you're able to do that."

"I guess so..." You agreed. "I'll train with you then."

He stared at you before dropping his voice. "I really didn't mean to embarrass you, or make you that uncomfortable." This tone was foreign to you, not once had you ever heard Kiawe talk like that. 

"Don't worry about it." You reassured.

"No.. I really shouldn't have." You shook your head and took one giant step to hug him.

"No... really, don't worry about it." You said into his ear. He returned the hug loosely around your waist, probably because Velvet was still glaring daggers at him.

"If you say so." He chuckled as you separated. "See you next week."

There you have it! A weeks worth of one-shots! Looking back, some of them could have a second part or maybe even need a second part. Let me know if you think that way too, and have a happy weekend!