Barry x Reader (Crashed Into You)

"Owch!"

You were going to challenge the Canalave City gym. You had thought up a strategy, done some extra training, and had all the potions you would need. You were ready.

"Hey! Watch where your going!" Although you weren't ready to be blind-sided as you were crossing the bridge to the gym. You picked yourself off the ground to see it was a boy who ran into you. His bicycle was now broken and strewn about. "Ooohh!" He whined when he saw his bike. "Look what you did! That'll cost you 1,000,000 bucks!" You raised your eyebrow. A million dollars? For a bike? "I'm giving you ten seconds to pay up! 10, 9, 8, 7... Hey!" 

You rolled your eyes as you walked away. He had crashed into you. Now you had a setback from the gym. You had twisted your ankle when you fell. Not badly enough not to walk, but it certainly hurt.

"Hey!" You were suddenly spun around by the arm. "Where do you think you're going!" Was this boy serious? 

"To challenge the gym." You replied.

"What about my bike!"

"Walk. I don't have a bike." He snorted at that.

"Whatever! You're going to challenge the gym, eh? Well too bad! I already did and won!" He whipped out his badge case, showing off six shiny badges. You had only five, but that didn't mean he was better than you. And you said just so. "Fine then, show me in a battle!" He challenged. 

"I don't have time right now. Maybe after I beat the gym." With a wave of your hand, you walked away.

"You..! You're just too scared! Because I would totally beat you!" You ignored him as he continued to yell at you. You stopped at the gym door, gathered your courage, and stepped in.

About a half an hour later, you came out with your new Mine Badge. You smiled, about to go to the Pokemon center, when you faltered on your ankle. You then remembered that boy who ran into you, and how your ankle might be twisted. You sighed in frustration as you made your way, slowly, to the Pokemon center. 

"Your Pokemon are all better! Come back any time!" Nurse Joy smiled. You thanked her and went to sit on a futon. You rubbed your sore ankle, it seemed you were staying in the Pokemon center tonight. 

"So, I take it by the look on your face, you lost against the gym!" You opened your eyes, having closed them out of tiredness, to see the same boy from earlier.

You held up your new badge. "My ankle is twisted, because you ran into me." You put your badge away, seeing his mouth drop.

"W-well.." He studdered. "Are you going to battle me or what?" 

"Fine, if it makes you satisfied." You got up, grudgingly, off the comfy futon, and headed outside, the boy at your heels. You both set up behind the Pokemon Center, near the old abandoned hotel. 

"You'll see! I'm gonna win this!" He whipped out a pokeball and threw it. A Staraptor came bursting out, chirping its battle cry. 

"Alright, let's get this show on the road!" You threw out your own pokeball. Your Luxray came out with a roar. 

"Pft, just because we're at a disadvantage, doesn't mean we'll lose!" He grinned mischievously. "Staraptor, Close Combat!"

The battle had begun. 

You had to admit, he was a strong opponent. However in the end, you came out on top. Your own Staraptor finishing off his Infernape. 

"What! I lost!" He yelled, grabbing his blonde hair. "Impossible! I'm supposed to become the greatest Trainer of all time!" He sat on the ground and groaned in remorse. 

"It was a good battle." You said, walking up to him. "Now I want a apology."

"What!" He looked at you in disbelief. "Why?!"

"For running me over with your bike." You crossed your arms.

"I...I." He studdered. "Fine!" He threw himself off the ground and puffed his cheeks. "I'm sorry." He mumbled. You had to admit he looked kind of cute.

"What?" You asked, cupping your ear teasingly.

"I'm sorry!" He said louder. He huffed out a puff of air and looked at the ground.

"You're forgiven." You smiled at his hunched figure. "But try to watch where you're going next time!" You strode past him and to the front of the Pokemon center.

"W-what! Hey!" He shook his fist at you. You rolled your eyes in amusement this time, and headed for the Canalave Library. "Wait!" You turned around at the door. He was out of breath. "I- never got- your name." He panted.

"(YN)." 

"Oh." He finally regained his breath. "Well I'm Barry! Your new rival!" He stuck out his hand. You smiled and shook it. 

"Nice to meet you. Although you don't need to yell." You glanced at passerby people, having seen Barry's outburst. 

"Eh. So, your going to the library? Mind if I join you?" He asked, hopefully.

"I suppose, but you can't yell." 

You both headed into the library, where much happened at once. You introduced Barry to Professor Rowan, and he told you all what was going on. Then suddenly, a huge earthquake took over. And Barry, surprised, held on to you. You both looked each other in the eyes, so close and wrapped up with each other. A slight blush grew on his cheeks. There was one on yours as well.

"S-sorry..." He mumbled.

"Professor, are you okay!?" Lucas, the Professor's assistant, cried. You turned back towards Barry, you had a little bit of time. He thought the same. He leaned in just as you. Your lips brushed against his for a few moments.

"I'm alright, Lucas." The Professor coughed. "(YN), Barry, are you alright?" He asked. You two separated and stood up. 

"Yes, we're fine." You answered. 

He stressed worry for what was going on. Soon you found out Team Galactic had bombed a lake. The Professor said he'd head to lake acuity, with Lucas. You and Barry were to go to the other two lakes. He left you two with the job. You both turned to each other.

"Well, we'd better go." You said. You leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Try to prevail for me." And oh did he. You both came back successful. 

When you both met up again, he took you in his arms and kissed you. 

"Change rival to boyfriend.." 

I wrote this in Art Class. Your welcome ;)