*Spring Break Special!* Professor Sycamore x Reader

"Fantastic! Now, let's all have a Pokemon battle! Your opponent shall be me!"  

You shook your head and chuckled, listening to the Professor from around the corner. It was a tradition of his, to battle the kids just starting off on their journey. It went farther back than when you started, and you could still remember the enthusiasm he had back then, which the years hadn't changed. Albeit you started a bit later than normal kids, he was still happy to introduce you to the world of Pokemon. 

"Ha ha! You're too much for me! You're really something, aren't you?"  

He did have an eye for character. Most of the children he picked turned into powerful trainers, important classmen, and one even went on to become the Champion. 

While you enjoyed your adventure, you turned your eye to the more analytical side of it. After your adventure was finished, all gym badges in hand, you went to tell the Professor of your new-found passion for Pokemon Science. You could see the excitement in his eyes when he happily offered up an intern position at his lab. 

Three years later you still worked there, and you had no intention of quitting. 

"So, you were listening around the corner, were you?" The Professor teasingly accused as you both watched the kids storm out of the lab. He smiled fondly, "They remind me a lot of you."

"You say that every year." You said, turning to hide your flushed face.

"Well, Its true!" He laughed. "And speaking of you, I'd like to invite you on a trip to the Johto region."

"A trip? To the Johto region?" 

"Well, yes! Two weeks from now, in fact. I suppose you could call it a "spring break" as the kids say."

"Oh, alright, sounds like fun! Should I go tell the others?" You asked, jerking your thumb at the elevator. 

"Uh... Well.." The Professor scratched his head and cleared his throat. "Actually, I planned for it to be just us two."

"Us two..?"

The Professor's face turned a rosy pink. "Well...yes. We haven't spent much time recently due to my work and having to prepare for the upcoming adventures of those kids..." He cleared his throat once more. "You've turned out simply marvelous since you were that age, and I'd like to know just how much you've grown and changed. After all, you're more like a colleague than a pupil to me now."

It was true, you yourself even felt that change. As the days and years went by, you also grew more and more curious about the Professor.

So, finally having the opportunity to learn more about him, you agreed to accompany him. His reaction was immediate: a sigh and smile of relief.

"Why so relieved?" You teased, "Planning on this being a romantic getaway?" expecting him to stutter in embarrassment like he usually did.

Instead, he winked at you. "Well, I couldn't possibly go on one all my myself."