Youngster Joey x Kid!Reader (Play-date)

"Joeeey! Wait uuup!" You called after your best friend.

"I can't! Gotta hurry and catch that Rattata!" He yelled back over his shoulder while jumping over tree branches and rocks. He ended up tripping over one, but got up and continued going, probably with a scraped knee. He sure wanted that Rattata. You were in a dress so you couldn't keep up with him. You slowed down to catch your breath and fix your hat. Just then you heard a triumphant yell from the distance, Joey was the first of all your friends to have a Pokemon, including you.

"I wish I had a Pokemon..." You muttered to yourself.

"(YN), (YN)! I CAUGHT IT!" Joey yelled, holding the pokeball over his head.

"Cool!" You said with fake enthusiasm. It wasn't like you weren't happy for him, you just wanted a Pokemon too. "Your knee!" You said when you noticed, he did scrape his knee.

"Aw, it's nothing." He assured. You sat him down anyway and tended to the wound with the first aid kit you always kept in your dress pocket. It came  in real handy, considering how often Joey got hurt.

"Wow, thanks!" He said, flexing his knee when you were finished. He got up and stuck out his hand. "Let's go home, I want to show my friends my new friend!"

"Okay.." You said quietly, taking his hand.

"You know, if you want, I can catch you a Pokemon too!"

"Really? Thanks!"

"Cool! Let's look for one no-"

JOEY!"

"(YN)!"

"I think that's our moms calling us, we should go." Joey said, walking in the direction where you both came, still holding your hand.