iii

"Dude," Sean said, leaning back on the couch, "Why didn't you just kiss her, you idiot?"

"I don't know! I was so nervous. She's so pretty, Sean. I didn't wanna screw anything up with her."

"Invite her tonight and plant one on her. Or two. Or ten." He smirked.

"Oh shut up. I'll invite her tonight."

"And her hot friends?"

"Whatever."

It was the morning after Paige had gone on her date with Johnny, and she was confused. She had such a good time getting to know him, but he didn't even kiss her. She was convinced something was wrong with her until she received a text from him.

Johnny
Me and my roommate are throwing a get together tonight, you should come

Paige
Haha definitely. Can I bring a few friends? ☺️

Johnny
The more, the merrier 😁

Paige couldn't be bothered getting out of bed, so she texted the group chat between her, Amber, and Vivienne.

Paige
Party tonight. Cute boys will probably be there

Amber 👩‍❤️‍👩
I'm in

Viv 👼🏼
I second that motion

The three girls began getting ready, getting themselves dolled up so they could make everyone's jaws drop. Vivienne drove, because she was the most responsible one and had work in the morning, so she took the duty of driving. They pulled up to a big apartment building. Amber and Vivienne raised their eyebrows at Paige. She just shrugged. "They play hockey."

"And you didn't mention that?" Amber stared at her.

"I don't know. I didn't think it was important."

Vivienne took the keys out of the ignition. "We're Canadian. This is Canada. It is very important!"

They took the elevator to the sixth floor. They didn't even need to look at the apartment numbers, just follow the sound of the music. Paige knocked on the door. A guy with messy brown hair answered the door and peered down at Paige. He didn't say a word to her, but yelled, "Johnnyyyyy!" And Johnny appeared at his side. His hair was tucked away in a hat again, but this time he was wearing a black v-neck shirt that hugged his chest and arms, and black jeans. He looked like he was attending a funeral or something.

Johnny beamed at Paige, "Hey!" He pulled her into a hug and he smelled so nice and felt so warm.

They pulled away, "Hi Johnny! This is Amber," she said, pointing to the girl with long, curly, brown hair, wearing a grey v-neck and red cardigan. She pointed to the other brunette with glasses, "and this is Vivienne."

He shook both of their hands, "Come in. It's nice to meet you both. There are drinks in the fridge and on the counter. Help yourself!"

Amber nudged Paige, "I like him already." She went to the kitchen with Vivienne. Amber filled her cup up with a mix of vodka and juice, and Vivienne just grabbed a soda from the fridge.

Paige was with Johnny for a little bit, and he introduced her to his friends. She recognized them as the four guys who were staring at them at the bar. One of the four was the person who greeted her at the door. She learned their names were Sean, Sam, Joe, and Josh. She smiled at all of them, knowing that they all know her and have talked about her.

"We're just so glad little Johnny here finally wheeled a girl." Joe chuckled.

Wheel? What does that even mean?

Paige looked at Johnny and smiled at him. He smiled back at her, not saying a word.

In all honesty, his mind was going faster than he ever could down the ice. He thought she looked breathtaking the night before when they went to coffee, but she looked even more breathtaking tonight. She was wearing a loose white t-shirt, with tight black jeans and the same shoes she was wearing last night. She looked so simple but so nice. He wanted to kiss her right then and there, but he was scared. He was so scared of her because she never trembled around him like he did around her, or stuttered, or looked down at the ground. He was scared because she wasn't nervous around him.

/////

It was getting late, and Vivienne was getting sick of being around all of these drunk people. She grabbed another bottle of water from the fridge and came face to face with the stranger from the grocery store--Sam.

He looked down at her and smiled, "Didn't expect to see you here."

She could tell he was sober too, and she smiled back, "Yeah, well, my roommate and Johnny are doing their thing, so I tagged along. I should go find our other roommate, Amber. She's a crazy drunk, I don't want her getting into any trouble."

Sam blocked her way, "What's the rush? I'll help you."

She was so nervous around Sam. He was just so cute, and kind, and everything she wanted. Truth be told, Vivienne hadn't texted him since he gave her his number, because, well, she was intimidated. She was shy and reserved. Sam seemed nice, but he also seemed like a handful. Vivienne accepted the offer anyway, because she hated being around all of these drunks. It was nice to have Sam around to talk to.

/////

Amber had been on the balcony, shotgunning beers with the guy who opened the door--Sean, and she was on her ninth beer. She decided Sean was a lot of fun to be around, so she spent the night with him. They'd been out on the balcony drinking and laughing, both of them were having so much fun, they didn't want the night to end.

The glass door slid open; Vivienne and Sam stood there staring at them, and Amber pouted, knowing her night would come to an end soon.

"Time to go!" Vivienne said, practically pulling her up from the ground.

"Awwwwwww," Amber said, looking at her, "One more?"

"No more. We're going home."

"Damn it. You always have to be responsible," Amber said, swinging her arm around Vivienne. "But I love you sooooooooooo much Viv. You are the light of my life. Thank you for taking care of me alwayssssssssss."

Vivienne laughed, "That's what I'm here for."

Sam dragged Sean back in as well, and all Sean wanted was to be back with Amber. She was so much fun, and he knew that he would still enjoy her, even while sober. Meanwhile, all Sam wanted was to be back with Vivienne. He admired her. She was so reserved, so quiet; he wanted to take a crack at her and learn what she was all about.

At least Johnny was still with whoever he wanted to be with. Him and Paige were just sitting on the couch; he was drinking a beer, while she was drinking some fruity mixed drink. He had her arm around her and she leaned into him. They talked a little bit about Amber and Viv, and Paige went on a drunken rant about how they're all the best of friends, and how much she loved them.

Vivienne spotted Paige sitting on the couch, and told her that they were heading home. Paige yawned, "Yeah, I'm kinda tired. Time for bed."

Sam assisted Paige out the door, since Vivienne was already taking care of Amber. They got down to the car, and Sam made sure the two intoxicated ones were all buckled up and safe.

"Thank you," Vivienne huffed.

"Of course." Sam smiled at her.

"I'll text you tomorrow and update you on these two."

"Yeah. Definitely. Thanks for coming tonight."

"It's no problem! Tell Johnny and Sean I said thanks for inv--"

And Sam just kissed her. He grabbed her face and kissed her. He didn't know why, or what possessed him to do so, but he kissed her and he was proud of himself for doing so.

Vivienne's face was bright red, "I, uh, I, I'm going now. Good night, Sam."

"Good night."

Vivienne got in the car and pulled away. The two girls were staring at her, eyes wide, smiling.

"I don't want to hear it. Shut up." And she turned the radio on.