xiv

When seven days passed, everyone was tired of being home. Everyone wanted to go back to Calgary more than anything. Thankfully, they were all on their ways home.

Paige was the first one to arrive, since she was the closest to Calgary. She stepped off her flight and was welcomed by the below freezing temperatures. She felt foolish for ever wanting to go back to Calgary. Paige was picked up by one of her coworkers, and dropped off to her apartment. She unlocked the door to see that it was still the same as last week. Thank God nobody broke in. She left her suitcase in her room, and began to put away the Christmas decorations. It was December 30th, and tomorrow was New Years Eve. They weren't throwing the party, so Paige didn't think they needed any more cheesy decorations. She made a cup of coffee, sat on the couch, watched Netflix, and eagerly waited for her other two roommates.

Amber and Vivienne were aboard the same flight, so they got back home at the same time. Vivienne also dropped her car off at the airport, so they weren't in need of being picked up. They came home to a bawling Paige on the couch. When she saw them, she grinned, "Hey! How was being home?" She wiped off her tears with the back of her hand, "Oh god, I'm so sorry. I've been watching Grey's Anatomy while waiting for you guys."

Vivienne chuckled, "A shit show."

Amber nodded in agreement, "Same."

"Okay, so tell me about it!" Paige scooted over to make room for the other two, who sat down next to her. Vivienne told her about what happened with Sam, and how he showed up to her house to apologize. Vivienne also told her about how she refused to forgive him, and that's why they were still broken up.

Paige leaned her head back, "Oh man. This is the kind of stuff girls dream about, but now that it happened in real life, it's kinda creepy."

"Right?! So weird." Vivienne responded.

Amber told Paige about her holiday as well, and how she spent basically the entire time with Sean. Apparently, she only did to spend more time with his dog. The three girls had a great time catching up with each other. Sure, they had their hometown friends, but nothing in the world could beat their bond. They enjoyed being in each other's company--they binge watched The Office, ate their weight in junk food, and had typical "girl time." It felt like middle school all over again, but funnier, and with more sexual innuendos.

/////

Sean and Sam flew in together, not speaking any words to each other. Sam was obviously still bothered by the Vivienne situation, and Sean didn't know how to help him. They landed and went their separate ways.

Sam went back to his apartment. It was empty and dark. He put his suitcase down and went back to bed. He hated himself for everything that's been going on since he got injured. He was supposed to play tomorrow, but he didn't even know how he was gonna do that. Sam's head wasn't in the right place and he was fully aware of it.

/////

Johnny flew in last, and he hadn't been so happy to be back in Calgary. It was already December 31st when he landed, and even though he had a skate in the morning, he couldn't help but text the person he wanted to see most.

Johnny
Just landed. I know it's 12:30 but is there any way I can see you?

Paige 💃🏻😻
You have responsibilities tomorrow morning and it's supposed to snow tonight so I don't wanna drive 😕 glad you had a safe flight I'll be at your game tomorrow ❤️

Johnny
😔😔😔

Paige 💃🏻😻
Text me when you get home so I know you're in one piece. Luvvvvv ya