xxv

Sam knocked on the door, wearing a new button up shirt with nice slacks. Paige opened the door in awe, "Sammy!"

He smiled, "Hey, Paige." He gave her a hug before entering. The boys were finally home from their road trip, and Sam was determined to make up his absence with Vivienne. Vivienne emerged from her room, wearing denim jeans with a flowy white top and leather jacket.

She smiled at Sam as she laced up her combat boots, "Hi."

He felt like he hadn't seen her in ninety years. "Hey." He said, sounding dopey. Sam felt like he was back in high school again; he felt nervous about the day planned for her. What if she hated it?

She grabbed his hand and they walked down to Sam's Audi. She turned on the music and sang to him as he drove through the city. He pulled up to a foreign theater downtown.

Vivienne smiled wide, "Foreign theater?"

Sam reached past her and opened the glove box, "And two tickets for that Chinese movie you've been dying to go see."

Vivienne grabbed Sam's face and gave him a big kiss, "Thank you! I love you! Let's go!" She practically ran out of the car and sprinted to the entrance.

After the movie, Sam treated Vivienne to a shopping spree, as well as a trip to the art museum. All of her favorite things stuffed into one day both overwhelmed her and made her ecstatic. They left the art museum and walked back to Sam's car.

Vivienne sat in the passenger's seat and buckled her seat belt, "Thank you." She smiled and grabbed his hand.

"For?"

"Today! You do so much for me. It means a lot. Thank you, Sam." She let go of his hand so he could start the car.

"I'd do anything and everything to make you happy. Thank you."

/////

Amber drove back to Calgary, gripping the steering wheel tightly. Her and Connor did not have the magical three days that she expected; instead, he would say hi, grab a bagel, and leave. Then he'd come back, say his day was "Fine," then shower and go to bed. She could not wait to come home to Paige and Viv.

The three hours had passed fairly quickly, and Amber soon found herself in the familiar streets of Calgary. She pulled up to her apartment building, ready to come home. Amber couldn't get out of her car fast enough. She practically sprinted up to her apartment.

Paige was sitting on the couch as Amber unlocked the door. Paige was stuck between asking her, "How was Edmonton?" and, "Welcome back!" so she stayed silent.

Amber plopped down on the couch and cuddled up next to Paige, "Missed ya. Where's Viv?"

Paige flipped through channels, "Missed you too! She's with Sam right now. How was Edmonton?"

Amber just frowned, "Could've been better."

Paige could've pulled the I told you so card right now, but she wanted to be nice, so she opted for the silent card. The doorknob rattled as Vivienne unlocked the door and entered the apartment, all smiles. She set all of her shopping bags down by the couch and sat down next to her best friends.

Amber wrapped her arm around Viv, "Welcome home! How was your day?"

Vivienne smiled, "I could say the same to you. My day was faaaaantastic. How was Edmonton?"

Amber gave the same response as she did to Paige.

Paige checked the time on her phone, "I gotta get ready. I'm going to dinner with Johnny. Love ya both." She kissed both of them on the forehead before skipping to her room to get ready. According to Johnny, she had to dress nice for tonight.