vii

"Please, babe," Sean begged Amber, "Please. I'll do anything. Please!"

She groaned in frustration, "God, you're so annoying. How do I deal with you?"

"Because you need an escape from Viv and Paige, so you come to me. So, please?" Sean stuck his bottom lip out at her, pouting.

"So needy. I'll ask them later."

"Now. Ask them right now. I'll text them for you."

Amber sighed and handed her phone over to Sean. He typed away.

Amber
Sean here. Please come to Edmonton next week to see us play. It would mean a lot to me, Sam and Johnny, and it's only 3 hours plz because u both love me 🙂 I'll also get a hatty 4 u guys

Paigey 👽
Lol shut up Monahan
I'm off all week so I'm down

Vivi 😻
Ugh I guess

Sean beamed at her. "They said yes!"

Amber just shook her head, "You're a damn handful, Monahan."

"I'm still your handful," he said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

/////

Ever since Vivienne and Sam met while grocery shopping, they decided to grocery shop together every other week. Vivienne enjoyed having some company while doing adult things, since her roommates hated grocery shopping.

And it was the same story with Sam, except he lived alone, and just wanted company.

He took control of the shopping cart, "Just so we don't run into any cans." He winked.

Vivienne hated him for that stupid comment. She still felt embarrassed about it, and didn't even want to show her face around that store anymore. "I fucking hate you, Samuel."

"Liar." He said, as he watched her stretch her arms up to reach a jar of peanut butter on the top shelf. Vivienne was tall, but Sam was still taller. He admired that about her for some reason--it was such a trivial fact about her, but he loved her tall stature, long hair, and round glasses. She thought the glasses kind of made her look like a librarian, but Sam would always add that she was a hot librarian.

"Snap out of it," Vivienne waved her hands in front of Sam. He was zoning out, "What are you even thinking about?"

He chuckled and shrugged. In reality he was thinking about her, and only her.

/////

The trip to Edmonton was only three hours, but it felt like the longest three hours in the world. Luckily, the girls split the drive up, so it wasn't too hard. They got to their hotel, which was the same one the team was staying in. As Paige checked the three of them in, Josh Jooris was in the lobby, doing things only Josh Jooris does.

"Hey!" He smiled at them.

Amber waved, "Hi Josh. How's it going?"

He shrugged, "It's going. Do you need any help with your stuff?"

Paige distributed the keys within the group, "We're good, but thank you. Good luck tonight!"

"See ya later!"

They said their goodbyes and the girls headed up. There was five hours left until the game started, and all the girls wanted to do was nap. As Paige laid next to Amber, she was falling into a deep sleep... And then her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller ID, and it read "Johnny 🏒❣" She slid the screen and just groaned.