xxx

Amber's eyelids fluttered open to see Sean the same way he was last night, laying next to her. Actually, laying was a weak description. He was more like sprawled out on her, nearly suffocating her. She craned her neck to check the time on the digital clock on her nightstand. 9:16 AM.

Amber threw the comforter off of her, gripping Sean's arm and throwing it off of her as well. He groaned as his own hand whipped him in the face. Amber sprinted to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She left the door open, and saw Sean from her peripheral vision, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

She spit into the sink, "Late for class. Bye!" She practically sprinted out the door, throwing on a pair of running shorts and still wearing the same shirt she went to bed in. Sean walked out of Amber's room, still slightly confused about what just happened. Paige was standing in the kitchen, munching on a bagel while she watched the morning news from afar. She slid a plate with buttered toast to Sean, who took a seat on a barstool. He smiled, "Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem," Paige continued chewing on her bagel, "Got any plans today, Seanny?"

"Not really. I was supposed to run some errands but days off don't really happen too often. What's Johnny doing?" Sean picked at the crumbs piling up on the plate.

Paige shrugged, "He said something about errands too. Maybe I'll see him after work today. Who knows." She finished eating and set her plate in the sink. "I gotta work now, you're welcome to hang out here. Don't make a mess."

Sean nodded, "No promises."

"I swear to god, Sean."

/////

Paige arrived at the restaurant she worked at, pulling into an employees only parking spot in the back. She quickly checked her visor mirror to make sure she looked fine and presentable, even though she was actually miserable and just wanted to go back to bed. She entered through a door in the back, clocking in, and grabbing an apron. Before heading out to the hostess stand, someone tapped her on the shoulder. Paige turned around to see her boss, Carrie, giving her a disappointed look. Oh boy.

Paige could feel fear washing over her, even though she did nothing wrong whatsoever. "Good morning!" She could barely get the two words out of her mouth.

Carrie just sighed at her, "I have some news." She pulled Paige aside, "We're closing in a few months. The city's taking the spot to build something else. Bigger. Better. We might relocate but we can't find a place to relocate."

Paige furrowed her eyebrows, "Oh, God. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be sorry, honey. I should be the one that's sorry."

Paige came to the realization that she was losing her job, "It's fine, really. Thanks for letting me know."

It wasn't fine. Paige was afraid. It took her a while to find this job, and finding another one would be a feat. Plus, her paid internship was coming to an end this summer as well. Paige had no idea how to fix her dilemma. If anything, she could move back home, or to Toronto, where she has family as well, but what about Amber and Viv? Or Johnny? Paige worked for six hours, thoughts running through her head the entire time. She felt lost--she was never accustomed to change, and when it came in big waves, she was overwhelmed.

Paige clocked out and went to the first place she thought of--Johnny's. She arrived without warning, knocking on his door and giving a small smile when he looked shocked that she was there. He pulled her into a hug, "You good?"

Paige sighed, "I'm just losing my job, but it's fine. My internship is ending, but it's fine. School is taking a toll on me... But it's fine." She began to tear up. All he did was pull her in and stroke her hair.

"I'm so scared." She breathed heavily, "I don't know how I can afford the apartment anymore. Finding a job in Calgary is so difficult. I don't know what to do. I'm overwhelmed."

"Shhhhhh," Johnny continued to hold her, "We'll figure it out. You'll figure it out. You're the smartest person I know."

/////

Vivienne hurried out of class to get to her car, so she could drive downtown and meet Nick for lunch. Today, the Ducks were back in town, and her old family friend, Nick Ritchie asked if they could meet up. Vivienne happily obliged, considering she never really saw anybody else except for the girls and her boyfriend.

They sat together on a fancy patio, salads and sandwiches in front of them, talking and enjoying each other's company.

"So how's the season?" Vivienne asked.

"It was great in the AHL, even better in the NHL. I couldn't ask for anything better." Nick grinned, his response was genuine and truly happy.

Vivienne smiled as well, "From driveway hockey to the NHL. How 'bout it?"

"Crazy right?!" Nick took a sip from his water, "It feels like it was yesterday."

Meanwhile, Vivienne's phone wouldn't stop ringing. If it wasn't a text from Sam, it was a call from him instead. She kept pressing ignore, and ultimately just put her phone into Do Not Disturb, trying not to be rude to Nick. They enjoyed each other's company, and it was nice to have a breath of fresh air for Vivienne. Her life ended up to be so monotonous, that it was actually so great to talk to someone different in Calgary. They parted ways, and Vivienne called Sam.

"Hello?" He spat.

"Jeez, sorry. I was at lunch."

"Fine." He said flatly.

"Okay, this conversation is over. Bye, grumpy." She huffed and hung up, driving home.