xxi

"I'm leaving now!" Paige stuck her head in Amber's room, where she was getting ready for her work party. Amber, in all her contouring and baking glory, paused what she was doing to say goodbye to Paige.

"Wowee, you look so fancy! Flames game or prom night?" Amber was shocked to see Paige with her hair curled, wearing her red Flames jersey with white jeans and wedge booties. Paige usually went to Flames games wearing a jersey, leggings, and her classic riding boots.

"Too much? John said the wives were gonna be there, so I wanted to look presentable. Where there are wives, there are pictures." She straightened her jersey and adjusted the Michael Kors bag hanging off of her forearm.

"You look great." Amber smiled at her and turned back to her mirror.

Paige shut her door and went out to the living room, where Vivienne was currently watching a movie and blowing her nose. Winters in Calgary were brutal, and it was apparent that Vivienne was the most current victim. Paige cleaned up her used tissues, throwing them away, and giving her a new box along with more water. She kissed the top of her head, "Feel better, my sunshine."

Vivienne gave her a small smile and coughed, "Thank you, have fun tonight!"

Paige had to leave earlier than usual today, due to Johnny asking her to help the other wives and girlfriends out with setting up a table for the Flames Foundation. They were doing a fundraiser tonight, and Paige was more than happy to help out. She parked her car in the players' lot again, next to Johnny's car. As she put her car in park, she received a call from Johnny.

"Hello?" She answered, still sitting in her car.

"Are you here?"

"I just pulled up. What's up?"

"Okay, so meet them in the concourse... After you come see me by the locker rooms because I just wanna see you."

Paige laughed, "I was already planning on both of those things." She hung up and hopped out of her car, throwing her keys in her purse and entering the arena. Paige scurried to the locker rooms, where Johnny was waiting for her, wearing his usual pre-game suit and beanie.

"Wow, you look so... Wow." He pulled her into a hug and gave her a quick peck. Paige rubbed mauve lipstick off of his lips with her thumb. Johnny made a face at her.

"I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks, loverboy," She gave him a wide smile, "Good luck tonight. I love you."

He kissed her forehead this time, steering away from the lipstick, "I love you too. I'll see you later tonight."

They pulled apart and went their separate ways. As Paige walked up to the concourse, her phone buzzed in her back pocket. She reached for it to see what was up. Sean had texted her. Sean never texts her. She unlocked her phone to view the text. It turned out to be a photo of Johnny and Paige, Paige with her back to the camera, showing the name and number on her jersey. Johnny was wincing at her as she ran her thumb over his lips. It was a silly photo. She absolutely loved it. She sent Sean a quick reply.

Paige
So creepy but I love this so I forgive you 🙄 Thanks monny

Sean Monahan
You two are so cute it makes me sick
Silly kids

Paige met the other WAGs by where the charity booth was going to be. She waved hello to Katie Stajan, Ida Ortio, Kayleigh Chapman, and a few others. It seemed like everyone's significant others were at the game tonight, with the exception of Amber and Vivienne. Paige felt like a sore thumb. All of the other girls were so comfortable around each other, and she felt stuck in the gray area between acquaintances and friends. The other WAGs were exceptionally kind to her, though. She wondered why she never really went out and did things with them, but remembered that it was because her and Johnny weren't together very long. The only time Paige had seen the other wives and girlfriends were during Joe's New Years party and some of them came to Amber's birthday.