xxxiii

Johnny and Paige hustled to catch their flight. Luckily, Johnny booked a spot on the same flight as Paige, so one of them didn't have to wait up for the other in Napa. Unfortunately, the two weren't seated together.

Upon their landing, Paige was very grumpy--complaining nonstop about the "little bitch who wouldn't stop kicking her seat" behind her and the "asshole who wouldn't stop snoring" next to her. Johnny found it amusing, but every time he would laugh, Paige would shoot daggers. The two walked to baggage claim in silence; Johnny was nervous about meeting her family, and Paige was just being Paige. She was worrying over nothing. An Über arrived for the two, who sat silently in the cab as they were en route to their hotel.

The couple arrived, Paige zipping out of the cab to grab their bags, and Johnny paying the driver. Since Johnny couldn't book a room for himself, he had to stay with Paige--not like it was a problem for the two. It was only gonna be a problem for Paige's parents, who were very traditional. Johnny and Paige made the trek up to their room, Paige unlocking the door and immediately plopping down on the bed. Johnny adjusted the thermostat and opened the curtains to let the sunlight in. Paige didn't get much resting time, since her sister knocked enthusiastically at the door. Johnny took the duty of opening the door, and upon seeing him, Payton squealed in delight, "Johnny! It's so nice to meet you!" She was filled with glee, pulling him into a hug and throwing him off guard.

Payton invited herself into the room and sat next to Paige, who was attempting to sleep, "Hello?"

Paige mumbled and patted Payton's thigh with her hand, "Hmm."

"I just wanted to welcome you guys! Your bridesmaid dress is gonna be waiting in my suite tomorrow, and since you couldn't go down here to get it fitted, I took your measurements and went from that. There will also be someone doing your hair and makeup, so be in my suite at like nine. Okay. I love you. I'll see you at my rehearsal dinner tonight." 

Paige turned to face her sister and smiled, "Nervous?"

"Oh God. I am so nervous, Paige." A look of fear washed over Payton's eyes and Paige sat up to wrap her arm around her sister's shoulders.

"No need to be. I love you so much, I can't wait to see you get married."

Payton sighed, "Don't make me cry. Not right now. I'm leaving, I love you. See you tonight!" She kissed Paige on the forehead and waved goodbye to Johnny before exiting their room.

Johnny sat on the edge of the bed, facing the TV mounted on the wall, "Next up: parents." He sighed.

Paige leaned forward and squeezed his hand, "You have nothing to worry about. Come on, let's nap."

Paige fell asleep almost instantly, but Johnny could not stop thinking. He was nervous to meet Paige's parents, because he didn't want them to dislike him. Paige meant a lot to him, and impressing her parents was a huge deal.

Paige stretched her arms out, leaning up and placing a kiss on Johnny's cheek. His eyes fluttered open and he hummed in delight, "How much time?"

"Like an hour and a half. I'm gonna go shower." Paige grabbed a dress from her suitcase and hopped in the shower.

Johnny nervously texted someone he usually didn't text--Amber.

Johnny
Idk what to do, really nervous for tonight 😕

Amber 💅🏼
Omg stop worrying
Who wouldn't like you Johnny???

Johnny
A lot of people

Amber 💅🏼
you really have to stop worrying. paige likes you and so will her parents. it'll be fine relax

Johnny
You're right
Thanks Amber 😄😄😄