Chapter 34

I look at my phone. Yep, Natalie had told me the the news of school being back in session tomorrow.

I'm with Megan. There's no way on planet earth I am going tomorrow.

I'm still a wreck of emotions and I don't have the strength to tell Natalie what happened right now. I set my phone on the desk and bury my head in my hands.

"Bridget?"

I look up quickly to see Liam standing in my doorway, his thumb in his mouth and his eyes wide.

"Hey bud."

"Where's Lacy?," he asks, melting my heart all over again.

I look back down at my hands. Why do I have to be the one to tell him?

"Come here, Bud," I say, patting my lap.

"We're not going to be seeing her for a long time..." I start, choking on my words.

Liam doesn't  even ask any questions after that. He simply lays his little head on my chest and lets his tears fall freely. I stroke his his hair and don't even bother to try to hold my own tears in.

"I had a dream about her last night..." he starts.

"Really, Bud?" I ask, curious.

"Yeah. She was in the clouds in this nice man's lap."

My heart skips a beat.

"Who was the man?" I ask trying to keep my voice calm.

I think I feel Liam stiffen a little and all he replies is,

"I can't be sure."

     _______________________

Michelle had decided early the next morning that she was going to go school.

"It'll keep my mind off things," she had insisted, rather angrily before walking out and slamming the front door behind her.

I knew nothing good could come of her going to school now, after everything that had happened.

My theory is  currently being proven true. It's ten o' clock and Michelle is already back home, arms crossed over her chest and tears drying on her face.

"He's the one that should be suspended for a week," Michelle grumbles.

Michelle had gotten into a fight with some jerk at school. She'd snapped at him, just cause he had been his annoying self. Mistake number one.

"What on earth did he do to make you punch him square in the face?" Megan asks exasperated.

Michelle's face softens a bit. She nervously runs a hand through her hair.

"I.... He...." Michelle stammers.

Megan rises her eyebrows, waiting.

"He overheard the news about Lacy when I told my friend- Sydney- this morning... So after I told him off for being rude to this girl, he called me moody and asked if I was on my period," Michelle starts rolling her eyes.