Wanda - Family Meetings

There will be a Peter oneshot coming up very soon. It will be a similar plot but tad different. Remember to send in any requests you would like to see! Enjoy!

Word count- 1011
Requested- no
Warnings- homophobia (is this a warning?

My leg was bouncing as I drove down the road to my childhood home. I felt Wanda's hand rest on my thigh, trying to stop the constant shaking. We were on our way to meet my parents for the first time. Now normal people are nervous for their significant other to meet their parents but I was terrified. Their was really only one problem with them meeting Wanda, the fact that she is Wanda- a girl.

Every time they would ask me about my love life I would say "significant other" or "partner" but never "girlfriend". Don't get me wrong I love Wanda with all my heart and I am extremely proud to call her my girlfriend, it's just that my parents are a tad homophobic. I also realize that dragging her into this situation isn't my brightest idea. She knows they don't know though, and she said she was prepared. To make matters worse my parents already were unhappy that I became an Avenger and moved away from (hometown). This is going to go great!

I pulled the car into the driveway and opened my door. Wanda rounded the car and joined me, grabbing my hand.

"Wanda, before we go in I want to say sorry to begin with. I don't know what they might say or do and I just want you to know that I love you so much and nothing will ever change that." I say quickly. She turns to me and smiles slightly.

"Don't worry, y/n. I am prepared for anything." She squeezes my hand and begins to walk to the front door. It's now or never I suppose. I gave the door a few knocks and stepped back, Wanda's hand still intertwined in mine. The door opened revealing my beloved mother.

"Oh y/n! I missed you!" She roughly pulls me into a hug forcing my to drop Wanda's hand.

"Yeah I missed you too mom." I say nervously. My dad is next and he hugs me as well. Finally my mom notices the girl standing behind me.

"Who is this? I thought your boyfriend was coming." She says, confused.

"No, I said my partner was coming. This is Wanda, my girlfriend." I say, taking her hand once again. She walks forward slightly.

"Hello Mr and Mrs l/n. My name is Wanda and it's lovely to meet you both." She smiles. My mothers face is a mixture of anger, disappointment and disgust.

"You have a girlfriend?" She says with clenched teeth. My mother has always told me that the 'gays' we're going to hell and to avoid them like the plague.

"Yes mom. I love her."

"Well, come on in sweetheart." My dad cuts in. I pull Wanda along with me pass my mother and walk into the house. I sit on the couch with Wanda next to me, my parents sat in a love seat on the other side of the room. An awkward silence ensues and a stare down begins.

"Why did you decide to go to hell?" My mother says after minutes of awkward silence.

"Mom I'm not-"

"Yes, you are. Is this your way of getting back at us? We raised you better than this! I don't even want you in this house!" She screamed.

"Mom stop! I'm the same person. Just because the person I love is a girl, doesn't change anything." I reply trying to stay calm.

"Seriously y/mom/n, she is still our daughter. She just loves a beautiful woman. She is still the same girl." Dad interjects. My mothers head spins to look at her husband.

"How can you possibly say that?" I yells.

"You and I both know deep down that she is still y/n. She is still our daughter. She is still the same person. She just loves a girl, who obviously loves her too. I accept this relationship and you should too." He rants. I send a loving smile Wanda's way, which she returns.

"Fine, but don't flaunt your gayness around me. I don't want to see it." She gives in, throws her hands in the air, and exits to the kitchen.

"Thank you dad. I really love Wanda and I'm glad you aren't upset." I smile his way and squeeze Wanda's hand.

"Yes Mr y/l/n it means a lot for you to accept me and y/n." Wanda adds.

"Please it's y/dad/n to you Wanda. I'm very glad you came to meet us. I must apologize for my wife's behavior." My dad says. A huge smile is present on my face at my dads acceptance. "Now! Let's go eat!" I stand with Wanda and my dad leaves the room.

"Hey I'm really sorry about my mom and-"

"Hey don't apologize. You told me how she was. If anything I'm sorry that you had to go threw that. I'm fine so don't worry. Your dad seems lovely by the way."

"Thanks Wanda. I love you so much." I hug her tightly. My dad breaks the moment by popping his head back in the room.

"C'mon girls. The food is done." He smiles. We both walk into the kitchen and take our seats. My mom stays mostly quiet through the rest of the night and then it's time to leave and head back to the tower.

"Bye mom." I say after hugging my dad goodbye.

"Goodbye y/n. Goodbye Wanda. Drive safe." I nod and wave one last time and exit the house to the car.

"She may not be excited about us but it is a start." Wanda muses, as I pull out of the driveway.

"She also has a long time to get used to it because you're stuck with me for a long time." I smirk towards the road.

"I'm happy about being here, and I better not be leaving soon." She laughs innocently. Little did she know as soon as I got home I would be having a secret conversation with Pietro, and if all goes well, she will be mine forever.