Steve Rogers - Proposal

Hey everybody!! Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope you enjoy this StevexReader Proposal one shot!
I took the prompt from otpprompts.tumblr.com so I can't take credit for the credit for it!
(Also this^^ is Steve now)

Word Count - 507
Requested - @run-from-the-police
Warnings - none that I'm aware of

-•-

Steve had been planning this day for months. He has gone through the plan in his head so many times he's lost count. He had Wanda take you out to lunch and just distract you for a few hours. Pietro had tagged along with the two of you, just for extra precaution.

Steve had gotten at least two hundred candles from three stores total. He had to go to three because he bought the first two out of tea candles. He wanted every surface to be covered by tiny candles to fill the room with a beautiful candle light.

He was dressed to the nines in a navy blue suit and white dress shirt. He had Tony help him tie a bow tie around his neck and fold a white pocket square for this jacket. He knew you had said on multiple occasions that you loved this look on him the most. He told Wanda to try and get you to buy a nice outfit that you loved but he had no idea what you would get. He got the text from Wanda saying this were pulling into the compound.

Now or never, he thought.

He began to race around the room lighting every single candle. As he lit the last candle he looked around the room in admiration. He patted his back pocket and felt the little box holding the ring. He moved to the middle of the room while smoothing his jacket down. He heard the noises of walking coming towards the room. He took a deep breath trying to expel the nervousness.

The door knob twisted revealing you, looking beautiful as always. Your eyes widened as you looked upon Steve. Your eyes scanned the room basking in the gorgeous light the candles gave.

"(Y/N), from the day I met you I knew you were the one. Every single day when I wake up next to you I know that everything will be okay. You make the good times great and the bad times tolerable. I couldn't imagine-" Steve begins his much practiced spiel but is interrupted by the sprinklers going off. The sprinklers located on the ceiling began to spray mass amounts of water onto the both of you.

With about a five second period of silence you both bursted out into laughter. You stood there hand in hand, absolutely drenched and laughing your butts off. Steve's head hung to where his chin touched his chest in defeat, but laughed none the less. You quickly looked up to see you with the biggest smile on your face and hair dripping wet.

"Will you marry me?" He laughs out. You just nod furiously and pull him into the tightest hug. Then you lift your head enough to seal the deal with a big kiss.

Suddenly you hear loud knocking on the door, "Are you guys done yet? I'm going to have water damage!" Tony.

You both began to laugh harder but Steve managed to open the box and put the ring on your finger.