Bucky - Backpack

Hello!! So before posting this story I wanted to just let everybody know a couple things. If anybody dies in Civil War they will not be dead in my story (just like how I still write Pietro) I obviously have no clue as to who it may be or if it will even happen as I have not seen the movie but yeah. Also after I do see CW any of the characters from the movie will be open for requests!
Okay! Here we go! BuckyXReader I wrote Bucky a bit more still recovering Bucky(?kinda?idk?), so I hope it's okay!! Enjoy!

#7 "Why are there so many heart doodles with my name in your notebook?"

Word count: 905
Requested: yes by sentence request
Warnings: nope

•*•*•

It was a common fact that Bucky still carries around his backpack full of notebooks. Bucky had every memory wrote down, good and bad, but he never went anywhere without that backpack. It was worn and tattered at this point and you could see holes starting to form. You sat on a chair across from where Bucky was sitting. He was sat on the carpet cross-cross with his backpack next to him and he was writing in a blue notebook.

You would catch his glance every once and awhile but he would quickly look back down. Your mind drifted back to his backpack and you felt sorry for him. Then a thought popped into your mind. Why don't you just go buy him a new one? Even if he was set on the one he has maybe he would appreciate the gesture. Bucky had definitely warmed up to you the second most, Steve obviously being the most. Now 'warmed' up just included kind glances, small conversations and, letting you sit next to him closely.

After finishing your thinking you stood and went to grab a jacket. Unbeknownst to you, Bucky's eyes followed you as you walked across the sitting room. His eyes never left you. You turned and once again his head jerked his head back down to the notebook.

"Hey Bucky? I'm going to go to the store, do you need anything?" You asked. He had been wanting something sweet for awhile but was nervous to ask. Not only was he no longer his confident self he was in the 40's but he also had a massive crush on you.

"Um no." He replied but cringed a little. You took notice to the way his eyes squeezed together slightly and the small shake of his head.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." You shrugged and said goodbye and walked towards the elevator. Once in the lobby you spotted Steve who smiled kindly your way.

"You y/n, are you going to the store?" He asked and you nodded in response. "Great would you mind getting me a bottle of Gatorade? I'm going to get more tomorrow but I need something for today if you don't mind."

"Not a problem! I'll be back in like 30 minutes maybe?" You replied smiling.

"Also, would you mind getting Bucky a candy bar or something? He's been not so subtly hinting he wants chocolate again." Steve laughed.

"Of course Cap. Be back soon!" You began walking to the nearest store to get the small list of items you wanted.

You finally made it to the nearest Walmart and went straight to section where backpacks are. You knew Bucky was a man with simple taste - plain yet functional. You searched for just the right one. A Captain America shield one caught your eye at first but decided against it, despite that fact that you really wanted to see Bucky's face when you would show it to him.

You ended up getting a sturdy black backpack

You ended up getting a sturdy black backpack. It had a very silver embellishments and after once glance you decided it was perfect. After grabbing a red Gatorade for Steve and a chocolate bar for Bucky you checked out and began your walk back to the tower.

After giving Steve his drink, you headed upstairs. Bucky was still in the same spot but his legs were straight out in front of him. You took a deep breath and sat next to him. His head snapped towards you but his eyes soften upon seeing yours.

"So, um, I noticed your bag was worn down so I got you this." You held out the bag and he look it with his flesh hand. You swore you could see a faint red blush wash over his stubbly cheeks.

"Thanks y/n." He said quietly. You pulled the candy bar out and held it for him to see.

"I also got you this." You smiled. This time you were sure he was blushing, a least a little, not even mentioning the smile he was trying to hide. As he looked at his new bag your eyes drifted to his notebook. You knew deep down you shouldn't be reading his writings but something caught your eye, it was your name. The page was full of your name. Some was in fancy handwriting, some with very neat handwriting and some had hearts around it.

"Why are there so many heart doodles with my name in your notebook?" You asked before thinking. He was going to know what you were doing. "I just, um, thought you only wrote about memories."

"I just never want to forget you." He mumbles.

"Oh, Bucky you won't loose me." You said softly. Very gently you laid a hand on his human arm. You felt him tense then un-tense under your touch.

"I'm not going to take a chance." He said sternly, but not angrily. "But, uh, thanks for the backpack and candy." With that he set his notebook down and stood up.

"Your welcome. I hope that's the kind you wanted, I kinda guessed." You said trying to fill the silent air.

"So y/n, I uh, I was wondering if later you would want to, um, go out w-with, uh, m-me?" He stuttered out. He knew Steve would laugh at him if he saw what just happened.

"I would love to Bucky." You smiled.

"Well... That's amazing." Bucky breathes out.