Bucky Barnes - Understand

Hey everybody! I'm very excited because not only is this my first request!!!!!! I hit 50k reads?!!!? That's absolutely insane!!!! Thank you so much to everybody that reads and votes on my stories. I'm pretty proud of this (especially because your girl is sick and recently started psych meds)
Enjoy this BuckyXReader!!!
I hope you enjoy!!! Let me know what you think!!!

Word Count: 653
Requested: yes - XXanimeseeker22XX
Warnings: none that I am aware of

Word Count: 653Requested: yes - XXanimeseeker22XX  Warnings: none that I am aware of

It was 1960 when everything happened. You were apart of the military until one day you got separated from the rest of your group on a mission. You were calm and began searching for the others. Suddenly there were twenty men surrounding you with big guns and tall statures. You tried your best to fight back, but it was useless. Somebody was right behind you and shocked you with a stun gun, and everything went black.

Within the next 50 years you were brainwashed, put into ice and frozen, and forced to commit murder on whoever you were told to. You were essentially the back up Winter Soldier in case he failed or died. That was until you were saved. The Avengers broke into the HYDRA base and saw you in the ice.

Over the past six years you had gotten your memories back, thanks to the help of Dr. Bruce Banner, and you have been slowly recovering. When Bucky Barnes showed at the tower everybody expected you to help him though everything. You had never told him what you had been through to save him the pain for you he may have.

On this particular day, he was having a really, really bad day. Nightmares had kept him up all night long, every shadow he saw made him jump out of his skin and break down in tears, and he didn't feel like it would ever get better.

"Bucky, sweetheart, I promise this will pass. Tomorrow will be a better day, and life will be amazing. One day you won't feel as much pain as you do right now. Trust me honey." You sat on his right side, as he wouldn't let you near his left arm, and rubbed soothing circles into his back. You held his right hand as tight as you could as an attempt to keep him grounded. All of the sudden he jumps off the bed and starts pacing with an angry look on his face.

"You have no idea what you're even saying (Y/N)! You have no clue how terrifying it is to have all these horrible memories shoved back into your mind at once. You have no clue how scary it is to have dreams every single night at shake you to your core. You have no clue how it feels to be scared of your own goddamn shadow! So stop acting like you understand! Just stop!" He yells. He stops pacing and just drops to the floor breaking down into tears once again.

"I know you're going to regret yelling, so I'm not going to say anything about that." Quickly you collected your thoughts, you had to tell him what you went through. "I was in the army like I told you but it wasn't in the same time. I got taken by HYDRA in 1960 and controlled just like you were. I was the Winter Soldier's backup, in case he failed. So I know exactly what everything you said feels like. It sucks and it's the worst thing ever but look! I'm doing better! It takes forever but things do get better Bucky. And I'm here to help so you just need to let me."

He sniffles and looks up at you through watery eyes. "Are you serious? Why didn't you ever tell me?" He asks.

"You didn't need any more stress in your life. I didn't find in necessary but it is now. Trust me Buck I know what helps and what doesn't." You say. He slowly stands and sits back onto the bed, next to you.

"I'm sorry I yelled." He mutters.

"It's okay Bucky. You're having a bad day." You say and grab his right hand once again. You knew he would get better, even if he didn't. You knew the road to recovery was hard but it was possible. And you would be there for Bucky, no matter what.