Bucky Barnes - Remember

Hey everybody
It's your resident stressed out kid here with an actual update. It's not my best work but I feel like crap since I haven't updated and have so many requests. I've been over the moon stressed with school, life, my health, and everything in between.
I really hope you like this
(Loosely edited so let me know)

Word count - 676
Requested - yes by the lovely louisismylifechanger

Warnings - none that I know of

In the forties Bucky was known to everybody as a womanizer, but you knew him differently. He was your lover, but only Steve was aware. You both kept it quite while you both kept up your image to the public. Behind closed doors Bucky was only obsessed with your affection, and totally forgot about every other girl in the world.

You were captured after the war had ended. You were completely and utterly depressed after Bucky fell, you saw no way life would get better. Unfortunately you weren't completely wrong. On a calm Sunday afternoon your were grabbed and pulled into a car and taken to a HYDRA facility, where unbeknownst to you, Bucky was being held.

They noticed how strong, quick thinking, and ahead of your time you were during the war and even how you handled yourself in everyday life. They knew you would be an asset to HYDRA, especially after years and years of brainwashing and torture.

Just two years after Bucky had been saved by Steve, and mostly recovered he began to research and begin the fight to find you. After help from all the Avengers they had located a HYDRA base that they believed that you were being help at. After suiting up and heading out they stood in front of a heavily guarded building in the outskirts of some Russian city.

After forming some sort of a plan the initial fighters ran up to disarm the guards Bucky, Steve, and Natasha ran in. Taking down the guards they ran into along the way as the sirens blasted signaling intruders. It was just Bucky who made it to the door he believed held you, yet it was empty.

Suddenly he was struck in the back of the head and dropped to the ground. Without hesitation he popped back up ready to destroy whatever agent was behind him. But what he wasn't ready for was you, to be right in front of his eyes. The world seemed to freeze as he saw the women he loved. Despite immediately recognizing you, you looked so different, sadder. Your eyes were sunken in and hair was scruffy and unkempt. The mask on your mouth resembled his, and as did your outfit, sans the metal arm.

He couldn't believe his eyes. His dear love from 1940 was holding a machine gun at his face with no life behind their eyes. His mind raced, he couldn't hurt you, but he also knew you could kill him. It all came rushing back as you cocked your gun preparing to shoot.

"Y/N NO! This isn't you." He screamed. It didn't go through your head. You shot the gun and luckily Bucky was quick to knock the gun out of your hand. Only momentarily detaining you you reared back to punch. He caught your fist mid air and you looked up, shocked.

"Y/N this is you! We grew up together and we were in love. I know you're in there my love. I'm your Bucky. I'm YOUR Bucky my love come back to me Y/N!" He screamed and ranted. He noticed your eyes soften and glaze.

"Bucky?" Your voice was raspy and quiet.

"Yes Y/N it's me! It's your Bucky I'm here sweetheart." Bucky says. He grabs your hands in his, partly to keep you from socking him in the jaw and partly to comfort you.

"I know Bucky." You said. It was choppy and quiet but the recognition was running though your eyes. Bucky noticed Steve in the background and motioned for him to wait, as he wanted to as calm as possible.

"Y/N we used to date. You would always sneak over to my house and hang out with me and Steve. Your favorite movie was Fantasia and you were so stubborn. It's just me and you Y/N, you remember me?"

"...yes." She muttered her eyes glossing over with tears. She knew Bucky. He gently pulled her into a hug which slowly but surely she raised her arms around his broad chest.