Chapter Three

Damon, Bonnie, and I are taking a stroll through the local grocery store. We needed to stock up on a few items and Damon just wanted some more bourbon. Currently, they're both fighting over the cart handle. Damon has one half of it and Bonnie has the other.

Damon gives a tug on the cart, dragging it to his side. "I got it." He grunts.

Bonnie throws her hand up. "Fine." She lifts up the grocery list. "We need strawberries."

"And cupcakes." Damon and I state at the same time. My head snaps towards him with a surprised look.

"What? You've been snacking on bunch of cupcakes lately. Don't think I haven't seen all those cupcake liners in the trash." He smirks.

"You saw that?" I groan and playfully nudge him. "Cupcakes to me are like Bourbon to you."

He chuckles.

"Eggs, milk...Ooh candles." Bonnie grabs one and places it into the cart not catching Damon's look.

"I know it's been a while but, you couldn't do magic as an anchor so, I'm curious what momentary lapse reason makes you think you can do it now?"

"Seriously?" I give him a hard look that he brushes off.

"You know, when all this started, you sucked at making pancakes but now they're somewhat edible." She shrugs.

"She's got a point." I nod. Damon nudges my hip with his.

"Milk." She nods at it and Damon places it into the cart. "There's no reason to be Peter Pessimist." She wanders over to a sunglasses rack and tries on a few different shades.

Damon holds up a finger. "First of all, don't nickname, that's my thing." We both stride over to her. He snatches two more pairs of glasses and places one on him and the other on me. "And this proof," He places me in front of him so I can see in the mirror. "This mysteriously filled in crossword, could very easily have been you."

I tilt my head to the side and nod. "These look good on me."

"They do." Damon nods.

Bonnie squints her eyes as she glances between Damon and I before shaking her head. "I didn't fill it in." She insists.

"No. You don't know you filled it in. You also don't know that you talk in your sleep." He stops the cart in front of the eggs. "Eggs."

She grabs them and places them down. "What are you saying? Are you saying I sleep crossword?"

He takes the glasses off his face. "I'm saying it makes mo-" His mouth keeps moving but no sound comes out.

She frowns. "What are you doing?"

I shrug. "Who knows?"

"No, seriously." She says.

Sighing, I place a 24 pack of cupcakes into the cart and toss my shades onto the shelf. "If I let him finish, you two were gonna start arguing. I'm just saving myself the headache."

The second I finish that sentence, there's a hard smack on my ass. "Damon!" I spin around and punch his arm. "That hurt!" I whine.

Bonnie giggles. "You didn't see that coming?"

I rub at my backside. "For that, you can suffer some more." I turn back around which was a mistake because once again, there was another smack, harder than the last. "Son of a-" I groan and wave my hand.

"That's what you get." Damon smirks. "My voice is a gift to others around me."

I roll my eyes and continue to rub the pain out. "That really hurt." I see him lift his hand out the corner of my eye towards my butt before stopping himself and bringing it back down to his side. "Ugh, I'm gonna get some air." I walk out of the store and lean against the window with my eyes closed.