Chapter Thirteen

Kai and I sit back and watch as Damon tries to pry open his mother's coffin. Yes, I said Kai. Damon was at least kind enough to inform me about Kai being the one to suck up all the energy from the barrier before inviting him with us on this little trip.

"Wow. I mean, you look huge." Kai grins my way. I give him a flat look. "I'm not saying it to be mean or anything, I just didn't know you were pregnant."

"Oh, so, if you did, you wouldn't have sucked magic out of me?" I narrow my eyes.

He pauses. "Well, no. but, I would've been mindful." He shrugs, turning to Damon, lifting the camcorder in his hands containing the video Bonnie took while we were escaping. "I can't believe Bonnie made it out! Actually," He steals a glance my way. "I can." He nods. "She had you."

I glare his way. "She doesn't need me." I smirk. "All that time she spent with you filled her with such anger that fueled her power..." I trial off as his face loses the smug smile. "In other words, I'd stay away from her if I were you."

He rolls his eyes. "Hey, do you need help?" He asks Damon who's having no luck but, before he could answer, he opens his mouth again. "Oh! Before you answer that, I'd rather not." He begins walking towards Damon. "I keep experiencing these pangs of guilt watching you. Feelings are hard."

"So is the end of this crowbar." Damon grunts.

"Have you never had feelings like this before?" I question with a brow raised.

"Well, no. I was sociopath. That basically means no feelings but, since I merged with Luke-"

"Hold on." I hold my hand out. "You merged with Luke?"

He glances from me to Damon who stopped working on the coffin. "It was Damon's idea!" He blurts.

I turn to Damon. "Let me guess... a technicality?"

Kai's eyes widen. "That's exactly what happened! Wow, you guys know each other better than I thought. I would almost assume the baby is his if it weren't for the, you know, vampire thing. Speaking of, how did that happen?"

I smirk. "You telling me you got put away before you could find out?"

His face drops. "I know what sex is."

"Anybody who watches porn knows what sex is." I shrug.

"I'm not a virgin!"

I pause and tilt my head, catching Damon's eye. He caught it too.

"Wait." Damon shakes his head. "You kill people. For fun. But, you've never had sex?"

"I just said I'm not a virgin!" Kai shouts.

"Pretty defensive tone there." I state.

"Why are you digging up mommy's grave?" He swiftly changes the subject. "I mean, that's a little dark, even for me. Not to mention, totally unnecessary. Damon, Bonnie and Scarlett saw her alive in a 1903 prison world. It's-it's on camera." He holds up the cam. "You wanna watch it again?"

"No. My mother died of consumption." He huffs. "We did not go through the trouble of moving this thing to the family crypt only to find out that she's not even in here."

"Oh! So, you just-you just called me here because you needed a friend? No. You wanted to know if it was possible for her to exist in another prison world...to which I responded with 'yes', to which you responded with denial." Kai rolls his eyes.

Damon's jaw clenches. "Whatever or whoever's on that tape, it's not her." He denies.

"Then who is it?"