Chapter Four

After getting Kai's body to the boarding house, we retied him to a chair. Bonnie sits on the couch flicking a candle on and off with her magic.

"I told you." I smile at her. "You needed something to shock you out of it."

She glances up at me, messing with the black and white flannel that was tied around her waist. "Is that what happened to you?"

"I knew I was a witch." I admit. "Before I died, I went through something pretty traumatic and because of it, I gained my powers. But! I was still new." I glance at Damon. "I wasn't skilled in the art of witchcraft. I had Grams teaching me but, she told me I had to learn a lot of things myself."

"Scar." Bonnie whispers. "Before Grams died, she used to tell me stories. Sometimes, she would mention a 'Scar' but I always thought she was talking about an actual scar." She leans forward a bit. "She used to say that I would meet Scar one day. But when she told me that, we had just finished watching The Lion King. I thought she was crazy." She scoffs. "This whole time, she was telling me about you."

"What'd she say?" I frown.

"She would tell me how powerful you were. That I could learn a lot from you. She used to say that she was jealous of the power 'Scar' held. She talked about how beautiful you were and..." She trails off, looking into my eyes. Searching for something. "How you were gonna grow up to be a wonderful mother."

It took a lot out of me to keep my expression schooled. I can feel Damon's eyes practically drilling a hole through my head. "Well, that's kind of weird." I chuckle. "It's a nice thought, though." Bonnie snorts and we soon fall into light laughter.

Kai groans in his chair.

"You're awake. Good. Now for the Q&A portion of the evening." Damon heats up the fire poker in the fireplace.

"Let me guess. I answer right, I get a pork rind." He gestures to Damon's free hand that held the bag of chips. "Wrong? I get a poker."

"What? No, no, no. These are for me." He holds up the chips. "You just get the poker."

"Yeah. You don't have to do that." Kai shakes his head.

"No?" Damon tilts his head.

"We're on the same team."

Bonnie scoffs. "Really? Do you always try and kill your teammates?"

"The important thing is that you have your magic back. It worked." Kai grins. The three of us share a look. "What, you-You didn't really think I'd kill Damon and Scarlett, did you?" He chuckles, nervously. "Look, I heard the very gorgeous Scarlett, here." He pauses to give me a wink. "She mentioned something about snapping the little witch out of it. Why would I kill off a quarter of our population? I'm not a monster. I knew Bonnie would show up. She always comes back. All 13 times."

"I mentioned that months ago." I make my way over to them.

"Yeah, well, I needed some more intel, you know. And I wasn't entirely sure that Damon was going to be enough motivation for you to snap out of it so when Scarlett, here got in the way, I figured, why not?" We all stare at him, unamused.

Bonnie narrows her eyes at him. "So, you did all of that just to make sure I would have my magic?"

"Of course I did. Because your magic is the key to getting the hell out of here." He then turns to me. "Well, both of you, actually."

**

"And of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window looking all JFK. But then, I was all like 'Wait, how am I going to get these photos developed?'" Kai rambles.