Chapter Seven

"Scar?...Scarlett?" Damon's voice reaches my ears. "Scarlett, come on. Open your eyes."

"Scarlett, huh? Is this the one that's making you confused, Mate?" Another man speaks up.

"What's going on?" I groan, opening my eyes. "What happened?"

"We were kidnapped by hunters." Damon huffs.

"We're headed towards Mystic Falls, you know, the one with the giant supernatural bug zapper." The other man adds. "Nice to see you again."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"That's Enzo." Damon speaks. His eyes have been trained on my stomach since I came to.

"The friend you left behind in the fire many years ago?" I frown.

Enzo nods. "That's the one. You don't remember?"

"Remember what?"

"Damon, are you telling me that when you look at Scarlett, here, you don't remember?" Enzo tilts his head. "Both of you don't remember?"

"Will you just tell us what the hell we're supposed to remember?" I snap.

He smirks. "You were there, love. At Augustine with the two of us." He stuns us. "It wasn't just Damon who left me. You did too."

"That's impossible." Damon denies, finally removing his eyes from me. "I remember everything and not once do I remember seeing her face. I would remember seeing her face!"

"I can't understand why you don't." His brows furrow.

"Okay." I nod. "We can have this conversation some other time when we aren't about to die!"

"Stefan could've told me there was a hunter in town." Damon gets back to the main reason we're all chained in the back of this van.

Enzo scoffs. "It probably slipped his mind because he's responsible for my return to incarceration."

"Why would he do that?" Damon asks, confused.

"Probably because he's jealous of my accent." He shrugs. "Maybe he did it because I killed his new girlfriend."

"Yeah, that'll do it." Damon nods.

**

"We're stopping." I sit up straight. "Why are we stopping?"

"Who's that?" Enzo asks.

I listen as hard as I can.

"Ric, he's up to something." Damon answers.

"Sorry, in a bit of a hurry." The guy who kidnapped us says.

"Yeah. So are we." That must be Ric.

There's some sound of broken glass and a struggle. Then, we're moving again and suddenly something slams into the van causing us to crash.

First, it's my right leg and then my left. They both snap. "Ah! What's happening?" My ribs begin to ache and snap. "Damon." I cough, blood spilling down my chin, probably from internal bleeding that just kicked in for some odd reason.

"We're across the border." Enzo coughs up blood. "The way we turned is the way we die for good."

I yelp again as bruises begin to appear all over my body.

"What happened to you?" Damon stares in horror at my body.

"Looks like someone took a bat to the lady." Enzo coughs again.

"I-I can't." I choke out as I grasp at my neck. "Can't b-breathe."

"Scarlett!" Damon ignores the bullet wound in his chest and falls next to me. "Come on, Scarlett. Stay with me!"