Fortieth

"This girl, doing whatever she wants," Sanghoon complained, serving every single customers along side a new co-worker in the makeup section.

"I'm sorry, you're new, yet you have to deal with people who had high hopes,"

The new employee smiled innocentlt, "it's alright, she must have a reason to be absent from work,"

Sanghoon didn't reply her, he somehow knew what happen judging from how Exo's maknae acted during his wait at the salon. He's like an open book, easy to be read. But out of all days, the owner had to come back and check his salon.

"Did I miscount or is one of my employee nowhere to be seen?" He asked smiling, but inside he's really on fire.

"Sorry, boss, Seolyeong is on sick-leave," he tried to find an excuse.

"Oh really, I should visit her now," he rushed outside but stopped by the flustered Sanghoon

"Sir, you don't want to disturb her don't you?" He faked his laugh and controlling his facial expression.

"Yes, ofcourse, so, let's stop with this act, and tell me what's happening,"

Sanghoon gave up on trying to find excuse, " I went to her home and nobody answered, it's been few days I can't contact her, 3 days to be exact,"

Jin nodded at the truth, he pats his employee's shoulder proudly.

"There we go, the truth,"

Sanghoon laughed his fake laugh, not sure if he did the right thing. Assuming he will work even harder without me there, as I'm going to be fired soon.

Jin rushed quickly to my apartment, knocking on the door. After few loud knocks and angry neighbours, he decided to take out the keys and enter my apartment.

He searched for the light switch. After lights are on, he wasn't shocked at all, the rooms are still clean. He opened the door to my room.

"Seol?" He called out and his hand roam on the wall looking for the switch to turn this dark room back on.

The lights are turned on and he saw my figure,lying on the bed backside up.

"Seol, what happen to you," he approaches my bed and shook my body.

I turned my head to his direction revealing my red, swollen eyes, the after-effect of crying. He sigh desperately, "you look so fucked up, get up," he pulled my weak body up, I tried resist but his strong hold wouldn't let me do that. I gave up resisting and just lean on the bed.

"What's wrong, why're you like this," he ask in a worried tone while tucking few strands of my hair behind my ears.

I kept my lips shut.

"You know, 3 days without saying anything and leaving everything to Sanghoon is harsh you know, as the owner I have the right the fire you," he threatened, " but, I know you're not that irresponsible, there might be a reason,"

I slump down and hugged both of my legs, tears won't come out anymore, it's just to tiring to cry again.

"I broke up with sehun.." I said softly almost like a whisper.

"You broke up with who?" He asked to double check

"Sehun..." it was hard to repeat but it just have to be said to stop his from asking more.

He didn't answer after knowing this.

"What's with that reason?" He said in an unpleased tone, "what are you? A teenager?"

I looked up to see his face,I didn't expect him to say that. I thought he would try to comfort me.

He sigh loudly, "breaking up,it's not the end of the world, you know, it means you have to get over it and move on to learn from the past mistake and make it a better one on the next," he frowns, "do you understand? Now get up and prepare for work,"