7. Jumpy

A Little Too Much - Shawn Mendes (Such a talented song writer and he has a beautiful voice to go with it, and this song is so appropriate)

"I heard that you're modelling in this fashion show on Saturday" my mother commented as we ate breakfast.

"You heard correctly" I confirmed, spooning some oatmeal into my mouth.

"Are you sure that's wise?" she asked, a look of judgement on her face that she was trying to hide in her voice, but I knew her too well.

"Come on Mom, it's to raise money for Peter" I put my spoon down, it was about to get serious.

"Your brother won't be very pleased" Dad told me, looking over the top of his paper at me.

"I'm sure my brother will survive" I rolled my eyes.

"Will you? Malia, its like you're not even trying to stay safe. We had to leave our lives behind in Oregon for you and you can't-" Willow began, but I cut her off with a stern look.

"Its for Peter" I repeated, they knew how important Peter and Emma were to me. I practically owed them my lives, who knows what would have happened if I had continued on the path I was on.

Peter had always been there, always ready to hand out the best advice. When he got seriously ill, a little bit of my happiness died.

That seemed to put an end to the conversation, they knew I could be stubborn when I wanted to, that's why they worried about me.

"So, are you going to the game tomorrow night?" I asked Willow as we drove along, she had her arms crossed and was staring out of the window.

"I might" she shrugged casually. See Malia, that's how you play hard to get! Maybe Willow could teach me a thing or two about coming across as bored and unaffected.

"Well let me know if you need a ride, I've gotta take Emma anyway"

"Was that guy the other day a hockey player? The one who tied that stupid balloon to your car?" she turned to look at me at last, finally seeming interested in anything I had to say.

"Dexter, sure he's goalie" I smiled, reflecting on Dexter's somewhat hectic playing. He was fast, but also incredibly clumsy, which meant he had been put into the goal where he had less chance of knocking out the other players. The fact he was trusted with a stick at all amazed me.

"Well, Sammy wants to go so she'll probably drag me along, and she's got a car" she told me, watching as students dragged themselves into the school.

"My offer stands if Sammy bails" I told her. I tried so hard to be the best big sister I could be, but nothing was ever enough for her. It was like the damage I had done to our relationship was irreparable.

She got out of the car without saying another word to me, just shooting me an insincere smile, that was her attempt at gratitude. Well, it was an improvement on a scowl at least.

I knew Will was following me as I walked into school that day, not only could I sense it, he was also predictable. He was good at hiding, I could hand him that. I decided I should probably ask him to teach me, but I wouldn't give him that satisfaction any time too soon.

"My brother has given me self defence lessons Will. I'll kick your ass if I have to" I rolled my eyes as I walked through the doors to the high school. I stopped in my tracks, shocked by the amount of posters that plastered the hallways.

"You could try Lucky, but I'd-" Will also stopped when he saw the array of posters "Wow."

I marched over to one of the posters and ripped it off of the wall, reading the words whilst my jaw dropped. 'Charity Fashion Show! In honour of Peter Miller. Starring Triple S, Malia Reid and Emma O'Malley.'