47. Surprise

Follow me on Twitter, I tweet far too many song lyrics and sarcastic comments. I'll follow back! @ hellojjcampbell

Song is Disconnected by 5SOS (live). Definitely listen to this! It is soooooo good and the boys are so talented, and the lyrics in this song are so beautiful!
***

For once in her life Sutton Satherly was succeeding at keeping a secret. Her lips were completely sealed and she wouldn't let the slightest bit of information slip. She wasn't even dropping hints like she usually did when she planned something crazy for the whole gang. The only thing she told us was to dress up, the guys had to wear suits and the girls had to wear their nicest dresses.

I was quite worried because she seemed on edge all week. She was extra snappy and spent half of her time furiously typing on her phone. Whatever she was planning had her stressed out.

"Do you think she's finally snapped?" I asked, looking down at my dress as Willow added the finishing touches to her makeup.

"Its possible. She might have got us dressed up to kill us all in a hailstorm of bullets," Emma shrugged nonchalantly. Willow and I both turned to look at her in disbelief.

"Your brain scares me Emma, honestly it does," I shook my head at her.

"Thank you," she grinned just as the door bell rang.

I walked around her to open the door where Dex and Will were stood waiting for us, both looking extremely handsome in their suits.

"Well you two scrub up well, don't you," I smirked, placing a hand on my hip. I noticed Will's eyes scanning my body, taking in my black lace dress that was clinging to my curves.

"Where's my love? There you are Wilbur!" Dex barged past me to inspect Willow. "Yeehaw!" he exclaimed dramatically, "How did I get lucky enough to wear a girl as beautiful as you on my arm?"

I smiled at them, despite my initial reaction, they were very sweet together. When I looked back to Will he was still looking at me, jaw slack.

"A picture would last longer," I chuckled even though his reaction was making my heart beat at a ridiculous pace.

"But it wouldn't do you justice. You look -" he began but was cut off as Emma rushed past him. It seemed as if he was going to give me a genuine compliment, dammit Emma!

"Come on guys! We're gonna be late!" Emma called from the car. I smiled awkwardly at Will as I walked past him, our bodies were achingly close together. I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to keep my feelings for him a secret, it was like the tension increased between us each day.

He followed me to the car and I took my usual spot in the passenger seat.

"Who wants to place a bet on how Sutton is going to kill us today?" Emmas asked.

***

"How exactly would she get her hands on explosives of that power, don't be ridiculous. She's a ranch girl, she would definitely shoot us," Willow and Emma continued the debate as we were walking into the salon.

We fell silent when we entered the salon and saw that all the girls had arrived and were sat waiting nervously. All eyes flickered to us as we walked in.

"You're two minutes late, she is going to kill you. I don't know what she's got planned, but whatever it is, is stressing her out to the max," Valentina walked over to us.

Suddenly, a door at the back of the long room burst open and Sutton appeared, looking flustered and actually tired.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" she exclaimed, flailing her arms about dramatically. "When I say ten thirty I mean ten fifteen!" she chastised us further.