20. Portland Native

"I'm pretty sure that Mr. Rose hates people," Will complained as we walked along the busy hallway, the bell had just rang to signal lunch time.

"No, he hates you, and I can't say I blame him," I turned to smirk at him. I had been in quite a playful mood all day and I'm pretty sure it was to do with the relief from reconciling with Will.

"You take that back Reid," he jumped in front of me and pointed his finger in my face.

"Make me," I challenged him, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh believe me, I have my ways," he purred seductivley.

He moved closer to me, smiling down at me sexily, his brown eyes boring into me. He was obviously trying to rile me up and honestly, as much as it ashamed me to admit it, it was working.

Will was damn good looking and I think only a crazy person would deny that. But, I wasn't about to let him win.

I moved closer to him, so close our bodies were practically touching. I looked into his eyes for a moment, focusing on not getting lost in them.

He looked back at me, his breathing getting heavier, the tables had obviously turned.

"Have you ever heard of deodorant?" I asked him before stepping around him and sauntering off, a victorious grin on my face.

I walked into the cafeteria, not even glancing behind me at Will, who I was sure would be following after me.

Everyone was sat at our usual table already, but Emma had saved me a seat as she usually did.

I was just about to sit down, but when Emma noticed me her eyes widened and grabbed my hand. I flinched at first but reminded myself it was only Emma, I shouldn't be afraid of my best friend touching me.

She began dragging me out ignoring my protests.

"Emma where are we going?" I called to her as she pulled me along.

We passed a rather confused looking Will and we shared a mutual look of 'I have no idea.'

She dragged me all the way to a quiet part the school before she finally spoke to me. She turned to me with a horrified expression.

"Peter asked me to be his date to the dance on Saturday," she stated dramatically. I think she was expecting me to gasp or even faint.

"And?" I asked, shrugging my shoulders. I didn't understand what the problem was. I mean, she so clearly liked him even though she liked to deny it.

"So I don't know what he means by that!" She exclaimed, letting her head fall back against the lockers dramatically. She needed a crown because she was the biggest dramatic queen I knew.

"Probably that he wants you to be his date for the dance?" I stated the obvious, which she seemed to be unaware of.

"Yes, but as in a date-date or a friend-date?" She questioned, widening her eyes at me.

"I don't know, why don't you just ask him?" I was getting pretty bored of her obliviousness to the fact that he was totally in love with her.

"What if he means as a friend-date and me asking if it's a date-date makes things awkward? What if he thinks I'm obsessed with him?" She panicked aloud, much to my dismay.

"Do you want it to be a date-date?" I asked, hoping in her vulnerable state she would finally admit the truth about her feelings.

"Don't even ask me that Reid," she hopped on the denial train. "Oh my god! I have nothing to wear!" She exclaimed, a look of terror painted on her face.