23. Peter's Night

There's Your Trouble - Dixie Chicks (one of my all time favourites!)

I guess you're not as bad as I thought," I chuckled, somewhat shakily. I still felt on edge, dancing with Will's hands on me, but it wasn't through fear.

He smirked at me before spinning me out and back in, dipping me down down dramatically. I laughed at first, at the surprise of it, but then I realised how close we were and I began to panic. It was only his hand holding me up, our bodies pressed together.

Sensing my rising panic he picked me back up, resuming our previous distance. "Sorry," he said, looking guilty, "I just got a bit carried away."

"No, its okay," I smiled at him reassuringly, not wanting him to feel bad about the problem that was entirely my fault. The truth was, I had enjoyed it until I let my mind stray away into a darker place.

"Mr. Maverick, I believe you owe me a dance," came Sutton's voice, she tapped him on the shoulder and gave me a certain look.

"Can we dance in a minute? I'm kind of busy right now," Will told her, you could hear that he was trying to hold back his irritation.

"You promised," she pouted her lips like a three year old.

"Sutton, come back later," he spat at her sharply. She raised her eyebrows at him before strutting off with a shrug.

"Listen, I-" he began but something caught my eye and I couldn't simply ignore it.

"Is that Willow?!" I exclaimed, looking over to my sister who had obviously decided to make an appearance.

"Yeah, and she's dancing with Dex," he pointed out, sounding just as surprised as I was.

"Oh god no!" I groaned, I had seen his dancing, she was not going to enjoy it.

"Malia," I heard a voice say from behind Will. I looked around him, unable to see over his shoulder, and saw that Riley was stood watching us, with a stint expression might I add.

"Riley," I smiled at him before looking back up to Will, who's face seemed to drop.

"Can I dance with my date please?" Riley asked Will, showing no emotion on his face.

"I'm sorry Parker, I haven't finished wooing her yet," he spun me away, attempting to manoeuvre us through the crowd.

"Memory, do you mind?" Riley said, raising his voice, no longer attempting to hide his glare.

"Fine," Will rolled his eyes and finally let me go, leaving me feeling cold. How was it possible that I could miss his touch when only five minutes ago the thought of it almost made me have a panic attack?

I started to mildly freak out as I watched him walk away, noticing how he glanced over his shoulder at me, a concerned expression on his.

"Hi," I said to Riley awkwardly.

"Seriously Malia? I left for for five minutes and you star dancing with him?" He all but yelled.

"He actually wanted to dance with me, I can't say the same thing about you, you walked off to find your friends the minute you got here!" I exclaimed, getting angry that he had the audacity to be annoyed at me.

Riley grabbed my hand and began leading me off of the dance floor, out of the bustling crowd.

I let him lead me, deciding that arguing with him would probably be less scary than dancing with him. Somehow, for some reason, the thought of being close to Will, to be touching him, didn't scare me half as much as the idea of Eiley touching me.