43. Are You Scared?

Lightning In A Bottle - The Summer Set

***

Sutton Satherly and Riley Parker were a very talented couple. Sutton could charm her way into anything, she could organise the hottest event of the year in the span of just a week and she could rock cow girl boots. Riley Parker was captain of the hockey team, he held the school's cross country record and he had the looks to be a model. But neither of them could cook.

When they presented us with the sloppy, grey  goo that was supposed to be risotto, we all decided that s'mores and chips would be a better option for dinner.

"I've never had these before, they are delicious," Valentina grinned as she licked sticky marshmallow off of her finger beside me. Needless to say most of the guys were watching her intently, like dogs.

"It's not exactly Tembleque," Santana said to Valentina, speaking in the accent you could only usually hear vaguely.

"Nothing beats Puerto Rican cooking," Valentina announced proudly.

"I have a French grandmother who would beg to differ," Will announced from the other side of the fire we were sat around.

"Norriture espangol est mieux que le français," she said to him sassily, telling him Spanish food is better than French.

"Cuisine française est belle," he purred, sounding even sexier when he spoke French. I hadn't realised he was fluent.

"Nouritture américaine est le meilleur," I told them. At first they both looked at me, surprised by my knowledge of French before they burst into laughter. Obviously they didn't believe me when I said American food is the best.

"Please stop, you're making my brain hurt," Sutton sighed before taking a small bite of her s'more. Emma on the other side of me was shamelessly shoving them in. I felt strangely proud of my best friend.

"Can you speak French Willow?" Dex asked my younger sister, wiggling his eyebrows almost frantically.

"Je vais vous gifler," she huffed at him. The look on his face as his jaw dropped was priceless, if only he knew she had actually threatened to hit him.

"I have an idea to shut you all up!" Sarah announced excitedly. "Let's play truth or dare," she grinned happily.

Whilst most people around the camp fire cheered excitedly, Emma and I sighed.

"What's the matter, are you two scared?" Marc asked us.

"No, we're just not twelve," Emma replied to him sardonically, putting him in his place.

"Oh come on. It'll be fine. It's either truth or dare or spin the bottle," Sutton dictated.

I actually thought my eyes were going to fall out of my head because I rolled them so violently.

"Let me go first!" Isaac practically squealed with excitement. "Dex," he turned to look at his friend with an evil grin. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth! Wait no, dare!" He shouted out, also overly excited. They were like puppies.

"Wonderful. I dare you to give Willow a lap dance," Isaac said with an evil grin.

"Then avert your gaze because I'm about to put on the performance of my life!" Dex instantly jumped up, ready to perform. Anyone else would have been embarrassed, but not old Dexter, he was shameless. I watched Willow turn instantly red, but she didn't argue, probably because she didn't want to ruin the game for everyone.