13. Mastermind Vigilante

Aurora - Conqueror

"Wait. You've been offered modelling contracts? That's pretty awesome!" Emma commented excitedly.

"Oh come on Em, we both know I'm not tall enough to be a model, its probably some sweaty old men. Anyway, its not awesome, my mom is so annoyed" I told her as we walked along the busy hallway.

"I would give anything to be able to go back in time and see Sutton's face when she saw that she didn't even make it into the newspaper" Emma grinned evilly.

"That's what she gets for parading around in next to nothing" I chuckled, even though my own outfit wasn't much better.

"She's going to be out for blood" Emma warned me, but I was already very aware of that. "What exactly can she say? How dare you get more attention than me? Anything she says is only going to make her look like an egotistical ass-"

"What are you guys talking about?" Pan joined us outside Emma's locker.

"Satan- I mean Sutton" Emma pretended to correct herself before smiling slyly.

"Well, you're about the only people who are. Everyone else is talking about you Malia" Peter told me before my eyes nearly bulged out of my head.

My mom was completely right, I really didn't think through the consequences of my actions. I was meant to be blending it.

I blamed my rash behaviour entirely on Will. He had reminded me of who I used to be and the things I used to do. He reminded me how much I had soften in my attempt to 'blend in.'

"That's just great" I shook my head, disappointed in myself. "I'll see you guys later" I sighed as I walked off towards English.

I was surprised that I hadn't ran into Will yet, or rather that he hadn't ran into me. Usually he was up bright and early to annoy me.

I had to walk into English on my own for the first time in a while.

"Ahh Malia, I see your friend has decided not to join you today" Mr. Rose.

"Uh yeah, I haven't seen Will this morning" I said as I walked to my seat, confused by how happy this seemed to make him. He really hated Will.

"Well, you might actually be able to concentrate on my teaching rather than having him whispering in your ear the whole hour."

He had a point there...

***

Lunch time arrived and still there was no sight of Will. I should have been relieved, days without him bothering me were rare. Then again, recently I had been enjoying his company more and more, but I wasn't about to admit that.

"Malia. Hello? Are you listening?" Sutton's whiny voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, what?" I asked, completely caught off guard. Sutton had been surprisingly okay. She hadn't threatened to tear my head from my body so that was a good sign, but Emma was convinced she had some sort of diabolical plan.

"I asked if you had any ideas to raise more money? We've already decided that we're going to do a bake sale but we need some bigger ideas as well" she told me.

"Oh right" I paused, and then an idea that had been playing on my mind for a while resurfaced "What about a talent contest? That could raise a good amount of money, and it would a good opportunity-"

"Is that so you can show off again?" Santana interrupted me.

"No" I told her bluntly "I don't even have a talent to enter with." That was a lie, I had my music, but nobody knew about that, except of course, Will.