52. Second Chances

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in two weeks! I have started university and I genuinely have not had a night to myself yet!

Also, I should tell you that ads will be appearing on my stories quite soon and I know lots of you hate them, but please try and understand! I am a nineteen year old student living off of savings and I can't pass up the opportunity to get paid to do what I love! Please try and be supportive, I know they're not great but this is a massive deal to me and I'm so happy and proud to say I'm a paid writer!

***

"I don't know- I don't know what happened!" Willow cried after I asked her for about the sixth time. "I'll told you, Emma called me in tears and told me that Peter had been rushed into hospital."

We were just entering the hospital after the short drive, short because Will drove like a maniac.

I started heading to the nurses station when so saw Emma, and I headed towards her instead.

She looked weak. Her eyes were bright red so I could tell she had only just stopped crying.

"Em," I said, wrapping my arms around her as she closed her eyes. It dawned on me how serious it must have been.

"His lungs- they just shut down and he passed out and hit his head," she sniffed sadly. "He's asleep and they said he might not wake up. What if he doesn't wake up," she began crying again.

"Shh, Em. You've gotta stop thinking like that, we have to stay strong," I tried to convince her, even though I was on the verge of tears myself.

"They said his best hope is a transplant, but the odds of that are minuscule," she stepped away from me.

"Transplants happen everyday Em, there's a decent chance, especially if he's been moved up the list," Willow spoke up. This seemed to calm Emma a bit more.

"Can we go and see him?" I asked hopefully. I wanted to be able to speak to him, even if he couldn't hear me.

"I've been in already but you guys can go, I'll wait here with his parents," she attempted a smile.

It was almost too much for me, she looked so broken, so torn up. I wanted to talk to her, but I had to see Peter for myself first.

"Come on," Will lead the way for me and Willow, opening the door and walking in behind us.

"Oh Peter," I sighed, walking over to the bed. I looked at him lying there and all I could think about was how young he looked.

"Wow, you really did a number on yourself buddy," Will walked over and held his hand, wincing at the sight of the bruises on Peter's face.

"He's been feeling bad for a couple of days, typical Pan didn't think to mention it to anyone important. Stubborn idiot," I said, walking to his other side.

"He can probably hear you," Willow pointed out.

"Yeah I know, I'm hoping to annoy him enough that he'll wake up and tell me off," I chuckled slightly, despite how overwhelmingly worried I was.

"Nah, Pan wouldn't hurt a fly. I don't think he's ever told anyone off in his life," Will looked down at him with a smile.

"That's why him and Emma would have been perfect for each other, because he has the patience of a saint," Willow chuckled.

I didn't like the way they were talking, it was like they were reminiscing, like he was already gone.

"Do you guys mind if we have a minute alone?" There were things I wanted to say to Peter, without them hearing.