6.

I woke up on a cold tiled floor, to the sounds of my sister cursing. When I looked up, I saw her standing there, arms crossed over her body, eyes narrowed to slits. Still wearing last nights dress.

I was in trouble. Big trouble.

'So you're finally awake. Now I'm late for court and Rusty is pissed off and I need to stop by the grocery store for bleach because you, dear brother, went back on your promise and fucked a woman in the cloakroom. A cloakroom visible from the dance floor. So now? I need to bleach my fucking eyes.'

I ran my hand over my face, peeping out from between two fingers.

'Oh God Jen....I don't remember anything.....'

'Of course not. You never take responsibility for anything, last night was the straw that broke the camels back.'

'A what?' I couldn't understand a word of what she said. My head pounded like someone had spent the night throwing rocks at my cranium. And I felt sick. Really sick.

'You! I make excuses for you, I laugh off your revolting, womanizing, chauvinistic personality, but you let me down and you let Russell down. It was his birthday. All you did last night was eye up some woman and then drink yourself into a stupor! Oh, and I can't forget the eyeful I recieved. Between your sex face being ingrained into my mind and the fact that I've spent all night in a vomit filled men's rest room, I doubt I'll be able to eat all day. Thanks for that!'

I pulled myself to standing, catching sight of myself in the mirror and seeing the sorriest bastard I'd ever seen. There were lines on my face from sleeping on the tiles, my eyes were so bloodshot I looked almost demonic and my suit. Well, lets just say it needed washing. Hair standing on end, and reeking of Jim Beam, I could pass for taco guys older brother. Disheveled and retching over the scent of my own body, I staggered out of the doors into the blazing light that filtered through the club.

Daylight.

Jen had been here all night. I must have been sleeping too deeply to have the guys help me out of here, and she'd stayed in that stinking piss hole all night. I knew I'd done wrong, but it was worth the fuck I'd had last night. I couldn't remember anything more than vague, fuzzy, hazy memories of the most delicious rump I'd had the pleasure of. I just wished I hadn't drunk so much. And I wished Jen had gone home and left me here. Her wrath was infamously bad.

She drove me to my place, refusing to talk to me and giving me the old silent treatment. Something I knew women were pros at. After a long shower, I called the office. I'd feign sickness, they'd be fine without me for one day and I needed sleep. Five hours later and I ordered a pizza and chugged down a couple of beers while watching Two and a Half Men re-runs.mAnd then I faced the beast. Not Jen this time, but Rusty. Leaving a voice message I made a few jokes about my state of inebriation, followed by a promise to make it up to him. I know, I know, my promise last night fell on its face, but I felt sorry for letting him down. I'm not some cold monster who doesn't give a shit about anyone. I love Rusty. He knows that. Even if I'm a little difficult to get along with sometimes.

My mind wandered to Gregor, to his new mission in life, to Jen and Lucas who seemed perfect for one another, even to me, and lastly to the brunette. I couldnt even remember her face, but lets say thats not what caught my interest. There had been something magnetic about her. Something that grabbed my attention from the second I saw her in the club. I didn't often do repeat performances, but I'd stretch to a second for her. Before I had time for any more thinking, the phone rang. Things in the office were getting a little fraught, so I spent the rest of the day dealing with queries and trying and failing to apologise to Jen. I did get an email from Gregor, though. It simply read;

You are an idiot, my friend. Your life will spin out of control, if you don't find something to hold onto.

Your friend,

G.

.........................

So I spent the next few weeks on a perpetual bender. Jen stayed away, and Rusty called but Carmella was there and we didn't share anything more than pleasantries. I guess I was acting out in a way, proving to everyone that I was having fun, and somewhere along the line I started resenting the fact that now I was over analyzing something I'd always enjoyed. My sexual appetite didn't wane whilst I feasted my eyes and body on a selection of beauies, but six weeks later the unthinkable happened. I couldn't get it up. No matter what I did, no matter what she did, her tongue tickling my balls and deep throating me, I found myself growing more and more flaccid. Limp and pathetic and laughable.

Not a problem I suffer from often, thank God, but definitely the most embarrassing situation I'd ever been in. I made excuses, she said it was okay and did I want to cuddle.

Cuddle?

If I wanted to cuddle I'd get a girlfriend. No offense to her, but if I did want a girlfriend, she wouldn't be an ideal candidate.

Leaving her apartment, I headed home, seeking solace in the bottom of a bottle of jack and pacing the floor so hard I must have worn the threads from the carpet. I felt pent up and irritable, but with no outlet I felt like throwing my fists through the wall. I was a dragon at work, getting it done, but snapping at anybody who rubbed me up the wrong way. needed to get right back on the horse but that proverbial horse suddenly filled me with dread. That was, until Stacey stuck her head around the door, two days later, to ask if I had any sugar.

I knew what she really meant.

And I gave her all the sugar I had, and then some.

While I fucked her brains out on the kitchen counter, I considered this the end of my shortly lived drought. And I hoped that whatever funk I was in, would pass very, very soon.

........................

A sneaky taster of the next installment....

Off to an appointment now guys!

Still Waiting will be updated once I return!

Love you all!