23.

'Ugh vile creature!' Kennedy snatched her bag from the holding space and clicked up the handle. I was confused, till I saw the crew member sniggering. Something went down. Probably while I had nodded off to sleep.

'What happened?' I followed her out onto the Tarmac, 'Kennedy why are you pissed?'

She whipped her head round, and I saw a glimmer of a smile there. 'You. And your dreams!'

'My dreams?' She'd totally lost me on this one.

'Yeah, you fell asleep and started talking and at first I thought you were talking to me.'

'What did I say?'

'Its X rated James.' She frowned, but the amusement was still there, 'Let's just say you mentioned my name. A lot.'

My turn for my cheeks to go crimson.

And now I remembered vaguely, dreaming of going down on her, tasting her sweet cream. Ah man, that was a good dream.

I met her eyes.

'Did it make you wet?' I chanced.

She scowled but once again, her eyes sparkled. We were sparring and she was holding her own.

'I guess you'll never know the answer to that.' She said, coyly.

I stopped in my tracks and she turned back, passing me a flirtatious smile. And she'd got me, hook line and fucking sinker. Passing through Heathrow Airport I barely had time for another line, our driver was waiting for us and we only had an hour before we needed to present our ideas for the 3D commercial.

On the drive over there, she interrupted my plans to take the flirting a little further, by calling someone from her cell. There was that jealousy again. Was it a guy, or just a friend. I refrained from listening in, although I later regretted it. I wanted to be the only contact on her phone. Was I embarrassed to admit that? Heck no. After checking in, I opened the door to the Royal Suite at the Clarendon Hotel and Spa. A Central London display of opulence and enough bellboys to fill a small country. Kennedy gasped and walked out into the middle of the sitting room, almost cautiously.

'This is the hotel room?'

'Yeah.'

'Its huge!' She threw her arms into the air and when she spun around I was there waiting. Face to face, I saw the way her eyes darkened. I did that. She wanted me.

So I took a risk.

'I dreamt about you.' I ran a finger down the side of her face. 'We were in a room a lot like this.'

I heard her swallow, felt her sweet breath ripple over my face.

'Don't' she whispered back, with so little conviction that I placed one hand on the small of her back and pulled her closer.

'You were laid on a bed, just like that one.'

I pointed towards the kingside bed in one of the bedrooms, decked out in ivory Egyptian cotton. 'And your stomach....' I used my other hand to brush over her small bump.

'You were bigger.....' I leaned in, breath feathering her neck. 'And I was so hard.'

She gulped, and I heard a low whimper escape.

'You tasted so damn good.'

She swallowed again. 'James'

'What darlin'' I ran my finger along her jawline.

'James I can't...l want to but I can't....'

She wanted to. That was half the battle. My ship was coming in. Hallelujah.

I leaned in and she pulled away, this time her body language making it crystal clear. Damn I wanted a kiss.

'I can't do....I can't be casual anymore James, I can't have a bit of fun, I'm gonna be a mother. You can't mess with my mind. Please?'

I raised my eyebrows, thinking of my next move. Deliberating on my course of action.

I messed with her mind. This was a mutual thing.

Then I had it.

'Okay.'

She blinked at me in disbelief. Did she want me to back down, or was she just testing me? Was there an answer here that'd have her swooning in my arms and sliding on my cock before we had to hurry to the meeting? And did I even want that?

'Okay?'

'Yeah, I said okay. I get it. I respect that. I'm sorry for coming onto you. I can't help it. You're beautiful. So beautiful.'

I met her eyes, I hoped sincerity lay within mine. Because I meant what I said.

'I'm changing tack.' I told her, defiantly. 'Kennedy, will you be my girlfriend.'

'What?!' She looked dumbfounded. She wasn't expecting that.

'Okay....maybe not. Lets try this....' I crouched down on one knee and took her hand. All the while, she shook her head vehemently.

'Kennedy Clark. Will you marry me.'

She shook her head harder.

'James stand up.' She pleaded with me.

'Why?'

'Why?! Because you got me pregnant and that's it. You're not obligated to marry me. It's not the eighteen hundreds!'

'I don't want to marry you because I got you pregnant, woman. I only asked so you knew I was serious.'

'Serious?! Marriage is way too serious!'

'Serious about you.' I blurted out and she took another step back.

'What?' There was that adorable expression of disbelief again. 'Is this because we're in Europe and you're feeling all.....romantic?'

'Baby I don't do romance. I don't do dates, but I'll do them for you.'

'But why?'

'Because I want you to like me, Kennedy. And I want a chance. And I want you to be the one I throw all the rule books out the window for.'

'I hated you on the subway.'

'I hated you too.'

She smiled, unable to hide the sudden burst of excitement in her face. Excitement which I'm sure my own expression mirrored.

'What do you say, babe?' I pulled her closer by the waist, placing a kiss on her forehead. She shrugged and tapped my nose.

'I'll think about it.'

Minx.

Fucking minx.

But I loved this.