26.

I wanted to ask about San Francisco.

I wanted to ask about her ex boyfriends, I wanted to know it all. At the same time, I didn't want that knowledge knocking around in my ol' thinker.

I wanted to know who she'd gone on a date with while I was in Prague.

And most of all, I wanted to know why she had such a hold on me. Head, heart and dick. Especially the dick part. Dude she was driving me insane.

I wanted to know what went on in that pretty little head of hers as she gave me a little bashful smile, stepping out from behind the piano. I no longer felt any pain associated with that little ruckus in Ibiza. Not when eyes like those bore into mine with such carnal intensity. If this was anything to go by, she'd be electric in bed. Sexual napalm. The all too familiar fizzle of raw, unadulterated arousal rippled through me as she headed over, her audience filtering away.

'Hello asshole.' She greeted, and she surprised me, by gently touching my cheek with her scarlet slicked lips. I'd expected an explosive argument, maybe a demand for me to stop being so fucking controlling. That's what I deserved. If a woman behaved like such a diva around me I'd be seriously cutting ties.

'Hey beautiful.' I kissed her back, continental style, also on the cheek. I wasn't currently bold enough to steal a kiss to rival last nights offerings. Not while I didn't know if I'd ruined her day with my stupidity.

'Can we talk?' She nodded her head towards the empty restaurant through heavy doors at the rear of the bar. I gulped so loudly she must have heard. I felt like a kid being called to the principals office. This wasn't good. She wanted to get me alone so she could drop the niceties and explain the thousand reasons why she'd never be with me. All valid reasons, I'm sure.

Her fingers found mine as we made our way towards the restaurant. She was being pretty amicable for someone who was just about to let me down in an epically crushing manner. She'd probably tell me she planned this all along. That a guy like me and a girl like her could never be together. That I was toxic and destructive, and she deserved a guy that could stick around and not resent doing so, the kind of guy that looked forward to five pm and rushed home to dinner and a kiss. The kind of guy I was starting to wonder about. And wonder if it'd ever be a reality for me.

As the doors closed softly behind us, she chuckled.

'Darlin you look like you're being led to the electric chair.' She leaned close to me and brushed out my shirt, ironing out the creases. 'How'd today go anyway?'

Small talk? Small talk? Really woman?!

'Fine, everything went okay.' I searched her eyes and removed her hands from my chest. 'About earlier....'

'Your little boys tantrum?' She raised an eyebrow and dipped her fingers in my belt loops, drawing herself close. 'I left my phone up in the suite, my brains a little loopy right now, hormones and all.'

'Hormones.' I echoed, her explanation was plausible.

That's because it's the truth you prick. Not everything is about you.

'I'll be a little more contactable in future. Wouldn't want you glueing my phone to my head.'

I sniggered at the image in my head, in spite of myself, and she giggled. 'You're such an ass James. Anybody ever tell you that?' She asked playfully, 'A pain in the ass.....kinda like haemorroids.'

'Haemorroids? Really?'

'Yeah. Maybe that's mean.....maybe you're like a polar bear.'

'A polar bear?'