12.

I pulled out the big guns.

Literally.

Ripping off my shirt and tie and wandering back into the living room, I hoped the emergence of my semi naked form might elicit a reaction for her. I needed the upper hand. I needed her to agree to that party, and then, once she was in bed, I'd head out and hit the town. In full force. I needed to get a load off, chill out, and remind myself that this situation wasn't irreparable. Soon enough Kennedy would be out of my hair and I knew Jen wouldn't stay mad for long. I just needed to sink my dick into some hot, tight piece of ass and wile away those frustrations.

While I'd been gone, the woman had tidied up the coffee table and taken the plates into the kitchen. She set to work on the washing up, oblivious to the fact that I had a state of the art dishwasher installed precisely so I didn't need to do peasants work. That's how I always thought of laundry and menial house work chores. Occasionally I employed the assistance of a housekeeper who worked on a number of apartments in my building, but she'd walked in on me receiving a delightful portion of head, from a blonde Jessica Biel lookalike and since then, we'd barely spoken.

It was a shame really, she made the place look brand new with a swipe of her duster and mop.

'Kennedy you don't have to do that.' I startled her again, and she looked at me with vacant eyes. The woman was tired, she wore no makeup, her hair had been tied into a bun but now tendrils fell loose. I could see the exhaustion under her eyes, dark circles highlighted by her pale skin.

'It's fine, I'm just clearing up after myself. Whilst I'm living here, you'll hardly notice me. I think that's the best way.'

I watched her eyes trace over my chest and my abs, but instead of licking her lips, or dilating pupils, I got nothing. Not even a smile. What was it with this woman? She was immune. It was a miracle I'd managed to get her pregnant, my charms fell flat with her.

'No, you're tired. Go to bed, I'll clear up. You've had a long day.' That much was true. I felt the grainy eyed reminder that I too, was beyond fatigued.

She bowed her head in resignation, and wiped her hands on a towel. 'Okay. You win. I'm bushed.' She held her forehead, 'I need to go job hunting tomorrow, before I get too big and nobody wants to employ me.'

As she strode past me, it suddenly hit me. A light bulb moment of sorts.

'Kennedy why don't you come and work for me?'

'What?' She stopped, crossing her arms over her body, brow furrowed, and it made me think of Jen. This was her typical stance around me, it had been since we were teenagers, hell maybe before then. I missed Jen.

'I have a secretary, but she could do with some help. I was gonna start interviewing potential employees in a couple of weeks, but if you need a job, maybe you could try it for a few days and see how it works for us?'

She glared at me, I could see the disbelief in her eyes, she didn't know whether to trust what I was saying, or refuse to entertain the thought of working for me.

'We're living together, James. I don't think working together as well, would be such a great idea.'

'You need a job. I need some help.' Win win situation.

'I get really sick in the mornings, but it usually disappears by mid afternoon.'

Was she really agreeing to this?

'That's fine, I'll make sure you're near the rest room at all times.'

She narrowed her eyes at me.

'And we don't tell anybody about.....you know, about the baby.' Her fingers fidgeted.

'Fine by me.' I shrugged, that kinda worked for me too.