Chapter Three: My Husband Jumps in a Lake

ANNABETH

After Piper left, Annabeth lay back in her chair and stared at her screen. She tried to focus on numbers and measurements, but she just couldn't. Her child and pregnancy seemed so much more important than these Ancient Greek buildings, and they probably were.

That's when Percy burst in the door.

"Annabeth, I'm so sorry I ran off like that. I didn't mean anything, it's just a lot to take in. I hope you didn't think-" But he was cut short as Annabeth leaned in and kissed him on the lips.

"It's okay, Percy," She said, grinning, as she pulled away and saw his stunned face.

"We're going to be great parents," he assured her, patting her stomach lightly. She smiled as a reply. "Perhaps you should go to hospital to get checked out," he suggested. By the hospital he meant the demigod doctor's office/infirmary/hospital, run by adult Apollo demigods. They could deal with anything from monster wounds to, well, pregnancies.

As Annabeth leaned her head on Percy's shoulder, she noticed that he smelled different than normal. While he usually smelled like the ocean, he now had a scent more like the lake outside.

Pulling back, she said, "Seaweed Brain?"

"Yes, wise girl?"

"Did you jump in a lake?"

Percy blushed, but then covered it up with his trademark smirk. "Might have," he said slyly as he got up and left the room.

***

Later on, saying they were going out for some sword fighting practice, Percy and Annabeth made there way to the Hospital. They didn't have a car, but neither did anyone else in the Demigod City.  Everything was close enough to walk to.

***

"You're about five weeks pregnant," the 'nurse' told me after doing nothing more than feeling my stomach. With the powers that the Apollo demigods were naturally born with, and a little bit of training, the rooms didn't have to have hardly any technology at all in them. They were definitely a lot more empty than a mortal hospital.

"When do you think my stomach will start showing it?" Annabeth asked. She wanted to know how long she had before the others would start suspecting her.

"Well, if you look closely, it is already. But I'd say it won't be obvious until about fifteen weeks. So far, your baby is healthy as can be! I can't tell the gender yet, but I might be able to tell you in a few more weeks if you want. Come back regularly, and congratulations!" The nurse told Annabeth as she stood up to leave.

"Thanks," Annabeth thanked the nurse and they were off.

***

"When do you think we should tell the others?" Percy asked as they strolled down the street.

"I'm not sure," Annabeth admitted. "I told Piper already, because she... well, she sort of charmspeaked me into letting her come in my office, and then I had to tell her what was wrong."

"I hate it when she does that," Percy muttered. "We definitely need to tell them by fifteen weeks, but it might be best to tell them before, incase anyone gets suspicious."

"Yeah," Annabeth said simply. She really didn't want to tell anyone any sooner than she had too. She hated being the center of attention, and really didn't want people asking, "How's the baby?" every single morning when she got up. Maybe she'd just have to tell them not to make a big deal of it.

***

At dinner that night, they had a discussion about a different important topic.

"So do you guys have any ideas what you are going to do for this whole 'proving-yourself' thing?" Percy asked after a bite of blue steak. The house that all of the lived at had the special, magical plates that could conjure up food from nothing.

"Be the least girly I possibly can. I am not like my mother, and I don't want to end up being the Goddess of Makeup or Malls or something." Jason grinned when Piper said that. Annabeth figured that he liked the fact that, despite having the looks and blood of an Aphrodite girl, she didn't act like one at all.

"That's my girl," Jason said.

"Well, I don't have to do anything," Leo said in mock cockiness. "I'm naturally the God of Good Looks," he wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"Uh huh," Frank replied sarcastically, and everyone laughed. Except Nico. Nico rarely talked, much less laughed. Annabeth was glad she wasn't a daughter of Hades. Although, Hazel wasn't so bad.

Annabeth wondered what she would become the goddess of. Most of her time would probably be spent worrying about her pregnancy, but she really hoped she wouldn't become the Goddess of Pregnancy. There were already goddesses of childbirth, motherhood, all of those things, so she wasn't too worried about it.

Maybe she could become the Goddess of Architecture. That would definitely be cool.

***

As Annabeth lay down in bed that night with Percy, she placed her hands on her stomach gently. Despite all her fears and tears, overall she was quite happy to be a mother. She could already imagine holding a little child, comforting him or her as Percy sat by her side.

She couldn't be prouder.