Chapter Seven: I Insult My Tour Guide

CHAPTER SEVEN: I Insult My Tour Guide

PERCY

Percy lay in bed that night, tossing and turning. He couldn't get the thoughts of tomorrow's journey out of his head. What would the Gods do if they knew how they were tricking them? Would their "tour guide" even let them take extra time at the Retirement Home? Did the Olympians know about Percy and Annabeth's prophecy?

And, say they did trick their guide, escape the Olympians' watch and find Eirene. Then what would they do? Try to talk to the "wild" goddess? Strip her powers even though they didn't have the slightest clue how to? Percy couldn't shake the feeling that their trip was going to be a complete failure.

One more thought lurked in the back of his mind as he tried to get to sleep. He knew the Olympians were "watching them" but just how closely? He was sure that they knew of Annabeth's pregnancy, but not sure how they would react to it. Really, it was only Poseidon and Athena they had to worry about, and even then, it was mostly Athena. But she was a pretty big threat. She wasn't exactly best friends with Percy even before he got her daughter pregnant.

Granted, they were adults now. It's not like they were sixteen. So really, Athena should have no reason to get mad, right? Percy couldn't convince himself that was true.

That thought lead him to another, about his own mom. They'd have to tell her and Paul eventually. He wasn't really worried about his mom's reactions, but at the same time, it made him nervous. Although he was fairly sure she wouldn't be mad or anything, he honestly didn't have a clue of how she would react. There were Annabeth's parents to tell, too.

All of these thoughts, concerns and worries swirled around in his head like a tornado (made of water). Add to that the fact that before or during quests he usually had prophetical dreams that were rarely good, and you had a full blown hurricane.

Next to him, Annabeth was sound asleep. He looked at her face, so peaceful, calm and relaxed. She hadn't looked like that in her waking hours ever since she learned of her pregnancy and the prophecy. Percy wished he could do something to relieve some of her stress, but she was the one carrying the baby, and along with that the burden. Sure, Percy had a lot to do with things like research and, well, a break in to Olympus, but he could escape it and take a break if he needed to. Until she gave birth, Annabeth would always have that weight in her stomach. And then, when she had the baby, she would be a full time mother until it grew up.

Finally, after another hour or so of laying bed, Percy fell into a dreamless sleep.

∞∞∞∞∞

Annabeth woke him up the next morning at 6:30. He stretched and rubbed his eyes, stiffening as he remembered the day's agenda. Hopefully he would have enough sleep to make it through their little trip.

After Annabeth checked her e-mail and reported to Percy that Athena wanted them there at 8:30, they got breakfast and explained what was happening to the rest of group. They told them how they figured they had to find Eirene, strip her powers, and give them to their baby; how they were visiting Olympus under the pretense of Annabeth's work while they were actually planning to investigate Eirene.

"Let me get this straight," Leo said after their long explanation, "You are lying to the Olympians so you can visit a Retirement Home and talk to an insane goddess? And you set it all up by email with a Greek Goddess?"

"Something like that," Percy nodded and smirked.

"So when are you guys leaving?" Piper piped up (no pun intended).

"8:30," Annabeth replied.

"You sure you don't want any of us to come along?" Jason offered seriously.