Chapter Twenty Four: We All Get Crowns

**Here it is! The chapter you've all been waiting for! I can't believe I've actually gotten this far with it... thank you to all of you guys who have stuck through some pretty long waits for these updates, and kept commenting nice things all the way through :) I seriously wasn't planning on this being a serious project at first, but now it's easily become my longest and most successful book, and I definitely wouldn't have gotten this far without all of your support.

Well, with those cheesy words in mine, here's the chapter ;) **

Chapter 24: We All Get Crowns

ANNABETH

After the vision they both had, Percy had Annabeth back to Camp Demigod in no time. He rushed into the house to find the others already congregated around the dining table.

"Annabeth!" Piper sighed in relief, "and Percy. Thank the gods."

"Did you guys-" Percy started.

"Have visions?" Jason interrupted. "Yeah. Well, except for Calypso."

Annabeth pulled out a chair for herself, panting, as they had practically just sprinted back to the house. Annabeth figured now that that probably wasn't the wisest thing for her pregnant body, but she was okay.

"Have you guys been here for a while?" she asked.

"No, we just got here. Good timing on your part," Jason said.

"So... what do you guys think that was all about?" Percy asked the table.

"No idea," Jason shrugged. "What did you guys all have in your visions?"

Everyone was silent.

"Well, I'll start then," Jason said awkwardly. "I was just sitting on my bed, and then I was struck by a bolt of lightning. There was this huge storm, it was destroying everything. I could find Piper anywhere. But I had this... I don't know, this instinct or something that brought me to New York City, where she was. It was horrible... the buildings were collapsing, people were screaming... I had to try and tame the storm."

"What happened to me? In your vision or whatever, I mean," Piper asked.

"I'm-not sure," Jason answered with a pained expression. "You were just there, and I saved you, and you told me to be a hero and save the rest of the city and then... I set you back down, and I'm not sure what happened after that. But you're here now," he added as if to assure himself.

"Yep," she replied, putting her arms around him.

"What was your vision?" Hazel questioned her.

Piper fidgeted anxiously, removing her arms from around Jason. "I just... I had to fight that snow goddess, Khione."

"Fight her?" Hazel checked. "That's all? Just you and her?"

"Well... not exactly."

"Go on," Jason coaxed her.

"It's... I'd rather not say."

"You can tell us anything," Annabeth assured her.

Piper closed here eyes, sighed, and opened them again. "Well, Khione was there. I just didn't have to fight her. Jason was there, and my dad. She was going to... to kill my dad, or make Jason fall in love with her! I tried to fight her and save you both, but I couldn't and so... well... Jason... it was our marriage or my dad's life, so please... please don't think of me differently-"

"It's okay," Jason soothed, stroking her hair calmly. "I don't know what was happening there, but is was clearly designed to test us, and make us face some of our greatest fears," Jason concluded.