Chapter Four: My Crush Gets Possessed

CHAPTER FOUR: My Crush Gets Possessed

*IMPORTANT: This part of the book was written before House of Hades came out. I did not know Nico was gay when I wrote this. I am not trying to change him but I don't want to go back and change this whole story either, so please don't hate on it.  Also, although Nico had a crush on Percy, that doesn't mean he can't ever have a crush on a girl. I'll be doing Solangelo in the sequel so just bear with it and I'll try to stick some references in here.

Also, I'm aware that the Oracle is not supposed to date. This will play in later in this book and the next.

NICO

Nico couldn't get over it. Him? A God? He hadn't even done anything except eat pomegranate seeds while stuck in a jar.

It sounded cool, though he wasn't sure if he wanted all the attention that becoming a God would place on him. Nico preferred being alone, in the dark. He knew how bad that sounded, but it was true. He was happier just lurking in the shadows than stepping into the spotlight.

Some people thought he was kind of creepy. Actually, a lot of people thought that. Even some of the demigods living with him, like Leo and Frank. They didn't rub it in though.

At least he had Hazel. Although she was a lot more lively than him, she was still a child of Hades. Honestly, though, he still felt lost without Bianca. If only she were still around. If only his demigod powers would allow him to bring her back.

And then there was Will. For what seemed like a second in the lonely stretch that had been his life so far, his hopes had gone up. But then something had happened, and Will had shut him out. 

He tried to move on, and maybe he had succeeded. Although he could never completely get rid of Will's memory, he had managed to get to the point where he was possibly interested in someone else.

Another person that a lot of people thought was creepy was Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the current Oracle. Nico looked up to her a lot; she wasn't even a demigod, just mortal, and yet she had taken the risk of letting the Oracle of Delphi inhabit her body. Another woman had gone insane trying to take it on- and still, Rachel had had the bravery to try. Best of all, she succeeded. She had to put up with the fact that she could speak a prophecy at any random time, and then collapse afterwards. He heard she also got horrible migraines.

Nico visited Rachel often. She had her own room in the original Big House, and he figured she got pretty lonely in there. Nico had to admit that he liked Rachel- as more than just as friend. Rachel seemed to appreciate his being there, but didn't think of him as anything more than a good friend. He hoped he could change that soon.

He walked down the curving streets that night after dinner, hoping Rachel would be available. He stepped into the Big House, trotted up the stairs, and knocked on the locked door that he knew was Rachel's.

"Nico?" She called in a strange voice.

"It's me," He replied.

"You can come in," she said faintly.

When Nico entered the room, he saw Rachel sitting on the edge of her bed, holding her head in her hands.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern in his voice.

"Migraine," Rachel muttered, "I think a prophecy is coming. You'd better stay so you can hear it." Nico knew that when Rachel was taken over by the Oracle of Delphi's spirit, she usually couldn't remember what she said.

"Of course," Nico agreed. She gave him a pained smile. Hesitantly, feeling he was making a brave move, he sat down next to Rachel and put his arm around her. He waited tensely for her reaction and, to his amazement, she looked up at him gratefully.