Chapter Twenty Three: I Defeat A Giant Wally

***quick update! Enjoy. And feel free to be a Grammar Nazi. I might not get to editing it right away but it helps me out :)***

Chapter 23

LEO

Leo sighed in annoyance and set down his tools one more time, thoroughly annoyed with his project. Chiron wouldn't allow any TVs or cell phones that gave off signals which would attract monsters, so Leo was trying to create one that wouldn't. He was sick of having no idea what Dance Moms was.

He was about to leave the workshop and go home for dinner when the TV flickered to life. He hadn't touched anything; it had turned on on its' own accord. He rushed toward it, trying to figure out what had happened.

He squinted in curiosity at the image on the flatscreen. It was almost like a mirror of the scene behind him, except he was doing other things. Before he even knew what was happening, he was being pulled into the TV screen, right through it, and into the version of him on the other side.

"What the-" he muttered as he looked around. Everything appeared the same as before, except the TV was now off. He pressed the power button over and over again, but it wouldn't turn back on. As a final resort, he hit the side of the thing (hey, it worked sometimes), but he still had no luck. His project hadn't exactly been a success before, but at least it had turned on at one point.

"Well that's just great," Leo yelled out loud, chucking the remote down on the counter. As he did so, some sparks flew out of his hands in anger. They caught on the corner of one of the blueprints he had sitting there and a small flame slowly began to spread. Without even hesitating, he grabbed the paper and threw it on the ground, stomping on it to snuff it out.

But as he stomped, more sparks flew and caught on various things. Frantically, Leo ran to the sink in the corner and turned it on full blast, grabbing anything that could serve as a container and dumping water on the flames.

It was no use. The fire was spreading to quickly, flames licking up every piece of paper, wood, fabric, anything that could burn. Leo cursed, grabbing at a few of his best projects and running toward the door to escape when he heard a voice.

"Leo!"

He froze.

It couldn't be.

Why would Calypso be in his workshop?

"Leo!" he heard again.

It was definitely her.

"I'm coming!" he yelled. "Where are you?"

Could his day get any worse?

"In the middle of the workshop! Caleo's with me!"

Actually, it could.

When he finally found the source of his wife's voice, he was standing in front of the little metal shed in the middle of the workshop that stored some his tools and smaller projects when he wasn't using them.

His heart dropped as he saw the flames licking up the sides. Somewhere in the back of his mind he registered that metal shouldn't be burning like it was, but he was too distracted to put much though into it. The lock and the hinges on the door were melting, melding into one seamless metal wall until there was no way out at all.

"Leo!"Calypso screamed. "The fire's spreading! I'm immortal but Caleo won't survive! You need to hurry!"

As if Leo needed a reminder.

"I'm going to get help!" he decided,knowing that he would need to get the fire out before he could really do anything else. Maybe Percy could help.