Chapter Seventeen: I Freak Out

Chapter 17: I Freak Out

LEO'S POV

Based on his luck, Leo almost expected Calypso to start giving birth on the dragon during their ride back home. Thankfully, she didn't.

The two sat in silence for a little while after taking off and leaving Aaron on the island. Leo wished he could've killed that guy, but perhaps the fate he'd doomed him to was even worse.

Leo noticed Calypso examining her ring and decided to break the silence. "You like it?" he asked.

"It's beautiful."

Leo grinned. "That's what I was doing in my little shack. While thinking of a genius escape plan, of course."

"Of course. Where'd you get the diamond, though?"

Leo blushed. "Um, that's not a diamond. It's a crystal from your cave. I thought it'd be nice, you know, to have as a sort of souvenir. I hope you don't mind I didn't... You know, buy something expensive."

"No, Leo, this is awesome," Calypso assured him. They sat in silence for another moment until Calypso spoke again. "Leo, I'm afraid."

"For what? The baby?" Leo furrowed his eyebrows in concern and looked back at her.

"No, it's not that. I, well, I actually had two sons with Odysseus," she looked embarrassed. "But that was a long time ago."

"What are you worried about, then?"

"I'm worried about us, about getting married and becoming so close to someone."

"Did I do something wrong?" Leo asked in concern.

"No, that's the thing. I love you, Leo, but... Well, when you've lived for thousands of years, sixty or so doesn't seem like all that much, and... that's probably as long as you'll live."

Leo's heart fluttered. He hadn't told Calypso yet.

"Yeah, about that, I've got something to tell you."

"Oh?"

"I'm becoming a god."

Calypso's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yep. Me and the other seven from that prophecy I told you about."

"That's awesome! Oh my gods... I can't believe it! You're becoming immortal?" She exclaimed.

"That usually happens when you become a god."

"I wish I was having your baby," Calypso said suddenly. "I just hope he or she won't have any of Aaron's powers."

"Yeah," Leo said sadly. "But... he or she will never have to see Aaron."

"I know."

***

Calypso fell asleep soon after, though Leo wasn't sure how she managed. He decided not to stop this time because he really wanted to get Calypso back ASAP, especially since she could go into labor at any minute.

The sky lightened up and the sun rose as they sailed over the Atlantic.

"Morning," Calypso said sleepily when she finally woke up.

"Morning," Leo replied, chewing on a granola bar for breakfast. "Should just be another hour or two."

"Are you... I mean, is Percy going to be there?"

Leo stiffened at the mention of his friend and Calypso's past love. "Yeah," he tried to sound casual about it.

"Oh."