Chapter Eight: I Become a Yoga Instructor

Annabeth's POV

Percy wanted Annabeth to try a slice of Magic Pizza, but she figured they had better keep going on their plan, if you could even call it that.

She pretended to be interested in the architecture of the building, and while she did take some notes so that her journey didn't go to waste, her mind was mostly preoccupied on the real reason they were there. She still had so many questions without answers, so many things she wanted to know before meeting Eirene. Despite the facts that she and Percy had read through almost every book in Camp Demigod's library, and that she was the daughter of the goddess of wisdom, Annabeth didn't have a clue how she was supposed to strip the goddess's power, much less preserve it for her baby. And that was all assuming that the goddess was actually there.

"Okay, I think I've got it," Annabeth informed Denalia that she was ready to go after about twenty minutes. She supposed she should have been longer, as there was no way Annabeth could inspect everything she would normally have wanted to in twenty minutes, but the way that Denalia was suspiciously watching Percy's every moved as he nervously but hungrily ate a slice of "Magic Pizza" convinced her to get going.

"Where to next?" Denalia asked Annabeth, completely ignoring Percy's mumbling something that sounded like "retirement home" through a mouthful of pizza.

"The Olympian Retirement Home," She informed Denalia. "You'd better put that pizza down, Seaweed Brain, unless you want to stay here forever."

"That wouldn't be so bad," Percy smirked, but stood up and brushed the crumbs off of his pants.

Denalia led them down a curvy road towards a building with huge white columns in the front, rocking chairs on the porch, and the words, "Olympian Retirement Home," written in Ancient Greek (which Annabeth and Percy could both read fluently) across the top. It seemed a bit fancy for a retirement home, but at the same time, Annabeth couldn't help but appreciate the architecture. The Magic Pizza and Retirement Home were among those places that had survived any damage, but the gods still wanted them to be remodeled.

Denalia led them inside the elegant glass doors and began telling them about the place.

"It may seem strange that there is a retirement home for gods. Major gods can't really retire, but there are more minor gods who's responsibilities become too great. They are a burden to Olympus rather than a help. And so, they are put here."

"Do you mind if we look around a bit?" Annabeth asked. "I mean, I'll obviously look at the architecture, but I'm just curious about the place."

"I suppose..." Denalia said, hesitation clear in her voice. "I'll need to keep an eye on you, though."

They walked into a vast white lobby On one side, there were couches for the patients to sit by a fire. On the other was a (white) reception desk, with a lady in a white blouse and black dress pants standing behind it. Her hair was pulled back in a tight, perfect bun, but she had a kindly smile on her face when she saw them come in.

"Hello!" She called to us, and Denalia led them over to her. "Visitors? I see we have a nymph here, but what about you too?" She looked over Percy and Annabeth. "Minor gods, perhaps?" she suggested.

"We're demigods," Percy clarified. She looked at us strangely, like she had never seen a demigod in this place before, and honestly, she probably hadn't.

"Oh. Does your parent live here?"

"No, my dad's Poseidon, and she's a daughter of Athena," Percy explained, motioning to Annabeth.

Percabeth's Child: Children of Olympus Book #1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें