Chapter Sixteen: I Get a Last Name

Chapter 16:

CALYPSO'S POV

Calypso still couldn't believe that Leo had come back for her. She didn't deserve it, not after the sour way she treated him. She to admit, though, that she had fallen in love with him. So, when he came flying back on that bronze dragon of his, she had to restrain the urge to run up and kiss him in front of Aaron. That would not end well.

Calypso completely blamed herself for Aaron's arrival. After all, it was she who prayed endlessly to the Gods for someone who could stay.

"Please!" She remembered sobbing, about two years after Leo had left. By then she had given up hope. "Even if you keep me on this cursed island for eternity, couldn't you at least send me someone who wants to stay?"

Finally they had obeyed and sent Oizy's unwanted son to her island. At first she was ecstatic, thinking it was a dream come true.

Then she met him.

He was very bossy, and he had powerful methods tho get his way. Whenever she wouldn't do what he wanted, Aaron would overcome her with the most horrible feeling of despair. Soon she couldn't help but give in, and he'd take the pain away and smirk at her, knowing he had gotten his way.

There were two major things that he had made her do.

First, he had gotten her pregnant. No, that wasn't his intention, but still. Calypso had had two children in her lifetime, but they were both thousands of years ago with Odysseus. At that time she had been different: more seductive, selfish, etc. She admitted that she hadn't cared much about the kids at the time, especially when Odysseus left with them to go back to his beloved Penelope.

She was different now, though. She was going to protect her baby and care for him or her. She was going to be a good mother, even if she hated the father. She just hoped that Leo could get her off of Ogygia before she gave birth. Unfortunately, she knew that she didn't have much time left.

Second, he had made her make him immortal. That was one of the few powers she had as a goddess; however, when she made someone immortal, they were bound to the island just like her.

That had been the toughest time yet. She'd tried so hard to resist his powers, but she just couldn't stand the misery he was putting on her. She hoped killing Aaron wasn't part of Leo's escape plan because that was not an option at the moment.

Calypso hadn't been able to work a lot of magic during her pregnancy, but their was one trick she used occasionally.

A sleeping spell.

Leo spend the whole next day cooped up on his little hut, tinkering with random bits of metal, deep in thought. He thanked Calypso when she brought him food for breakfast and lunch but he never came out.

By evening, Calypso wanted some time with him. She performed the spell on Aaron, carried him to bed and set the table on the beach.

"Leo, you idiot, are you ever coming out of there?"

He stuck his head out of the doorway, dirt smeared across his face.

"Have you discovered the time machine yet?"

"Nah, sorry," he smirked, wiping his forehead.

"Go wash up in the ocean and meet me at the table for dinner," she commanded him.

"Someone's bossy."

"Oh shut up."

"Why would I do that?" Then he met her eyes and she tucked her hair behind her ear in what she hoped would come off as cute to him. "Yup, I'll be right there."