Chapter Ten: I Blow Up a Clock

**So, here's another chapter! This one will give you guys a little break from the main plotline, but I think it will still be good. In my opinion, this was one of my better chapters, and it's a bit refreshing since it's in Thalia's POV, though some of you will probably find it kind of corny.
ALSO: THIS CHAPTER WAS WRITTEN BEFORE CALEO WAS A THING. THERE WILL BE A FEW CHAPTERS WITH THR SHIPPING I HAVE HERE BUT THATS ALL. SO DONT FREAK OUT.

Also, I noticed that the main critique I was getting from people were that my chapter were too short. I'm not great at writing super long chapter without them getting boring. I tried to make this one longer, but I realize it's still only four pages. Sorry about that....***

Chapter Ten: I Blow Up a Clock

THALIA'S POV

"We're here!" Thalia called to her fellow hunters as Half-Blood hill came into view. They all quickened their paces in anticipation. Busy with their duties as Artemis's hunters, the girls hadn't been to Camp Half-Blood for a long time.

Thalia grimaced as she passed the pine tree that used to be her lifeline, but continued forward to the destination she had tried to reach so many years ago when she was transformed into that tree. Campers looked up at them curiously, some having probably never seen the hunters before. They entered the cabin reserved for Artemis (although she could never have kids, her hunters stayed in it whenever the visited Camp) and stashed their away after claiming beds.

They didn't really have any reason to visit, but while Artemis was away doing her godly business, Thalia figured it couldn't hurt to visit. Although she didn't live their very long, she had to admit she missed the place once and while.

"Can I help you with anything, Thalia?" a small voice squeaked. Jenny Martin was the newest huntress, a nine-year old daughter of Aphrodite whom the group had saved from an abusive father. The little girl had freckles covering her cheeks and bright red hair pulled neatly into two little braids at the sides of her head. She was cute, but she also got on Thalia's nerves. She was sure Jenny had good intentions, but the young hunter could never seem to leave Thalia's side. Jenny was constantly trying to help Thalia, treating her like royalty just because she was the first lieutenant to Artemis. Thalia sometimes wondered if it was really a good idea to take in Jenny- partly because she was annoying, but mostly because she wasn't sure if a daughter of Aphrodite could go without falling in love.

"You can come with me to talk to Chiron," Thalia sighed.

"Thanks!" she squealed. Then, knitting her eyebrows together, she asked, "Who's Chiron?"

"He's a centaur."

"Oh. Why do we need to talk to him?"

"We need to tell him we're here. I'm guessing he'll want to know, plus he can count us in for capture the flag on Friday."

"What's capture the flag?"

"It's a game. Where you capture a flag."

"How do you play?"

"We're here, Jenny," she announced as they arrived at the Big House, ignoring the little girl's question. "Please let me do the talking, okay?"

"Okay."

"Hey, Chiron!" Thalia called as they walked through the doors to the familiar scene of Dionysus and Chiron playing pinochle with two invisible people.

"Thalia!" he looked up from his deck of cards in surprise. "Are the hunters visiting?"

"Yeah," Thalia replied. "Artemis is off doing work, so we thought we'd take a little break here."

"Would you like to participate in our game of capture the flag tomorrow?"

"That'd be great."

"It's nice to see you again,Thalia," Chiron smiled kindly as the two girls left.