Chapter Nine: We Go to the Emergency Room

Percy's POV

"Oh my gods!" Eunomia gasped. "What happened?"

"Annabeth?" Percy exclaimed, not paying any attention to Eunomia's questions. "Annabeth, come on!" He shook her, then listened to her heart. It was beating overtime, extremely quickly. Her body was burning up (not literally) and she wouldn't wake.

"Thank you, young hero. You have freed me of my burden. I will never be able to repay you." Eirene's wise, ancient voice finally fit her words. Percy was momentarily distracted by Eirene's sudden change and he stared up at her.

"Eirene?!" Eunomia exclaimed in shock.

"Yes, sister. I am back. These heroes have taken my responsibilities, leaving me a mere mortal. I will die eventually, though I'm sure the little bit do goddess left in me will sustain my life for a while."

"What-what will happen to her?" Percy asked, worry in his voice.

"I... I don't know," Eirene admitted. "I don't think anybody knows. Honestly, I'm not sure if a thing like this has ever happened before. I'm guessing that her mind and body are not strong enough to comprehend a goddess's power."

"Can you heal her?" Percy looked desperately to Eunomia.

"I'm afraid I don't excel in that sort of thing," She replied sadly. "I'm sure one of the major gods, perhaps Apollo, could take the power from her." She told me bitterly.

Percy didn't want to use help from any of the Olympians. He didn't want to admit that he needed their help, and who knew if any of them would willingly do it anyway. It wasn't the gods' fault they and gotten into this situation.

"Could you do me one favor?" He looked up again at Eunomia. "For helping your sister?"

"That depends on what it is."

"I need to be transported back to Camp Half-Blood. With Annabeth. I can't carry her like this on a New York City bus."

"I believe I can do that."

"Just a moment," Percy said, turning to Denalia. "I'm sorry you had to witness this. But please, please don't tell Athena we were lying to her. Remember the drachmas. And the statue," he added Annabeth's offer.

Denalia didn't look like she could make up her mind on what to do. "Please, Denalia. We didn't do anything bad here. We helped this goddess. We gave her her life back."

"I'm not sure I understand the situation here, but these heroes did do me a huge favor, as I'm sure you can assume after seeing how I used to be," Eirene told her.

"I guess," she sighed nervously. "But if Athena finds out-"

"Then we'll take the blame," Pecy finished.

"Okay, well, I'll be going then," Denalia muttered, exiting Eirene's room.

"I'm ready," Percy told Eunomia.

"Thank you, hero, for what saving my sister. We will forever be in your debt." Percy grabbed on to Annabeth and in a flash of light, the two appeared in their same position on Half Blood Hill.

He could see Chiron with a bow and arrow and a young demigod, probably giving him extra lessons on how to shoot it.

"Chiron!" he called as loud as he could. Some nearby campers looked up but didn't pay much notice to Percy and Annabeth. Chiron did, though. As soon as she saw Annabeth laying unconsious on the ground, he began galloping over to them.

"Percy! What happened?"

"Can I explain later? Annabeth sort of took in a goddesses's power.

"What?!"