Chapter Thirteen: We Tell The Parents

ANNABETH'S POV

Annabeth was confused. The last thing she remembered before passing out was a burning sensation spreading throughout her body as she took in Eirene's power. She knew that Percy or a child of Apollo or Hazel or the random girl in front of her when she woke up or someone had managed to get the power out of her, but she didn't know how long she had been out. It felt like it had been a day, a few days at best. But as Percy guided her back into their house, something told her it had been a lot longer than that.

The first sign was her stomach. While it wasn't exactly huge, it was definitely more noticeable now than it had been before she had gone into the coma. Still, she was relieved to see that her stomach had grown, because she was fairly sure that that meant that the baby had survived the ordeal.

"How long was I out?" She whispered to Percy as they lay in bed that night. She had a feeling that Percy was trying to keep that fact from her, because he hadn't mentioned it yet.

"About a month," he replied bitterly. Annabeth's heart sank. She had wasted a whole month of her life. A whole month that could have been spent with Percy and her friends, a whole month she could have been designing buildings and dreaming about the baby.

"Oh," she replied simply. She forgot her worries, though, as she snuggled into Percy's warm chest with his arms wrapped around her and fell into a peaceful sleep.

***

In the morning, she figured it was time to get moving. She had wasted enough time already. After breakfast, her and Percy walked down to the infirmary as Will had wanted to check Annabeth to make sure she had recovered fully.

They got a little surprise along with it.

"Would you like to know the gender of your baby?" Will asked the couple.

Annabeth looked at Percy and they seemed to come to a silent agreement.

"Of course," Annabeth replied. She waited nervously while Will examined the ultrasound and looked up at them with a smile.

"You're going to have a beautiful baby girl," he told them, and Annabeth's heart leapt with happiness. She glanced at Percy apprehensively to see his reaction. Like most mothers (including herself) wanted baby girls, she knew that most men were hoping for boys that they could do boy things with. Luckily, he didn't seem disappointed at all. He looked at her proudly, not able to keep a smile from spreading across his face.

***

They told the news to their friends, and then decided that there were some more people they should tell.

Their parents.

Surely Athena and Poseidon already knew, but Sally, Paul and Annabeth's dad and stepmom didn't.

They decided to dial Sally, Percy's mom, first.

"Hey, Mom?" Percy said in the direction of the phone. They had it in speaker mode so that they could both talk.

"Percy! How are you?" Sally's voice came through the phone.

"I'm great," Percy replied. "Actually, more than great. We've got some big news, Mom."

"I'm listening!" she said excitedly.

"I'm pregnant," Annabeth joined in.

Annabeth could almost see Sally's face lighting up as she called, "Oh, Percy, Annabeth, that's amazing!

"It's going to be a girl!" Annabeth told her.

"Wonderful! Me... A grandparent... I can't believe it! I mean, I can, but it's just-"

"It's okay, Mom," Percy chuckled at his mom's enthusiasm.

That wasn't the only important news they had to tell her, though.

"Mom, there's... Something else," Percy said.

"Oh?" Sally questioned.

"Annabeth, my friends and I are going to become Gods," he said softly.

"Oh my God... I mean, oh my gods... Wow."

"You okay, mom?" Percy checked.

"Yes! That's... Amazing! My own son, a Greek god. Wow."

The phone sat there in stunned silence for a moment before Sally said, "Well, I better go."

They hung up, but Annabeth looked at Percy in concern. "Will she be okay? I mean, it's probably quite a shock."

"She'll be fine," Percy assured her. "It's a lot to take in. She just needs some time."

They called Annabeth's parents and got similar reactions. Though she knew there was nothing to fear, Annabeth had to admit that she breathed a sigh of relief when she heard her parents excitement.

***

SWITCHING TO LEO'S POV (to give you a little longer chapter)

Leo was having a hard time being happy. Sure, he was glad Annabeth was awake, and relieved that she and the baby were both okay, but getting led on and then dumped by his crush didn't exactly put him in the mood to celebrate.

He did his best to enjoy the party they had that night, but his thoughts wouldn't leave Calypso. He had finally made himself abandon all thoughts of a relationship with Thalia, but Calypso was different. Thalia had sworn to never have a relationship with a boy, but Leo had sworn to rescue Calypso. On the River Styx. He had to.

He still had the astrolabe, fixed with the piece of crystal straight from Calypso's cave on her island, Ogygia. He had Festus the dragon, no longer just a figure head. Leo had restored him to his full form after their quest. He honestly wasn't sure why he hadn't yet gone back to her.

"Guys?" Leo hated to interrupt their celebration or dampen the mood, but he wanted to get started right away. "I've got something to tell you." They all stopped what they were doing. Piper turned off the music she had had blasting. They must have known that it was something important if Leo was being actually being serious.

"Remember, on our quest, when Khione so kindly shot me a thousand feet in the air?"

"How could we forget?" Jason replied.

"Well, I was dropped on Calypso's island." Percy's eyes widened.

"The Calypso's?"

"Yeah. And we sort of... Fell in love." It was awkward for Leo to say that to all of his friends.

"I knew you met someone!" Piper called. Hazel shot her a look like, "not now."

"Why are you telling us this now?" Percy asked, clearly confused.

"Because... Because when I left I swore on the River Styx that I'd to back and get her of at horrible island. Remember the prohpecy? That mysterious line 'an oath to keep with a final breath?' That'd be my oath to Calypso. I'm going to leave soon."

"Do you want any of us to come along?" Jason offered.

"Didn't you say you've been there before, Percy?" Piper asked. Annabeth looked down at the floor and Percy shifted uncomfortably.

"Sorry," Piper apologized, "I'm guessing you don't want to leave Annabeth."

"No, it's not that... I mean, there is that, but it's just... Well, she sort of had a big crush on me, and if her and Leo have got something going, then it'd probably be better if I didn't show up." Percy explained.

"I think I can handle myself, guys. I'm a big boy now," he grinned. "I've got an astrolabe to direct me to the island and I can ride Festus."

"When are you going?" Hazel asked.

"I'll leave tomorrow morning," he decided. "So you guys can continue on with your party, but I'm just going to go pack." Leo could tell that his friends felt bad to party without him, but he couldn't get her off of his mind. He needed to do it, and he needed to do it soon.

***How d'you like it? What do you think of Leo and Calypso? (Calypseo?) Also, for those of you who are reading this as you go, if you didn't re-read chapter 12 please do because I changed it up.