Chapter Twenty Five: I Crash a Party

Chapter 25: I Crash a Party

STILL ANNABETH

When they all got home from Olympus, the seven were still in awe as they discussed their new powers. They quickly sat down to their first lunch of ambrosia and nectar (the new transformation had left them starving) and Annabeth didn't miss regular food at all. As always, the ambrosia tasted like her best memories and whatever she was craving at the moment.

"So... the God of Humor?" Calypso asked, smirking as the nine filled her in on everything that had happened on Olympus.

"Yes ma'am," Leo said through a mouthful of ambrosia. "You know, I thought I would miss food, but this stuff's even better," he added.

"Are you happy with being the Goddess of Natural Beauty?" Hazel asked Piper hesitantly. "I know you didn't really want to be anything relating to looks."

"Actually, I think it's pretty cool. I'm like the Goddess of Beauty without all of the perfect hair and fashion and makeup and stuff," she replied.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to go change," Annabeth said as she finished her meal. She was the Goddess of Strategy after all, and her long white chiton didn't seem like the most practical thing to wear.

Annabeth stood, shocked, staring at the mirror as she took off the chiton. She could've sworn her stomach hadn't been anywhere near that big this morning. Thinking she was just imagining things, letting her fear of giving birth get to her, she ignored it as she finished changing and went back downstairs.

***

The next day began oddly or Annabeth. For one thing, she wasn't feeling well, which didn't seem right considering she was a goddess. Morning sickness hadn't bothered her a lot throughout any of her pregnancy, so it didn't make any sense why it suddenly would. She had even slept the night before, though she wasn't sure if it was actually necessary.

When Annabeth went down for breakfast, Piper was acting strangely giddy, all cheerful and overly happy, and she kept glancing at Annabeth's stomach out of the corner of eye. And then there was Percy, who was trying to convince her to go into the city with him.

"Percy, I told you, I really don't feel good!" Annabeth said, wondering what was up with them all as Piper and Leo joined in on the coaxing. It was unlike her husband to try and force her to do something she didn't want to. Usually, he would have taken her hand and gently agreed to stay home with her. Instead, he looked back at her with a strained expression on his face.

"We could just go to the lake if you want, and sit down. I just... want to tell you something," he added.

"You can't tell me here?" Annabeth tried desperately.

"I... It's just-"

"Fine! We'll go! But not because I want to," Annabeth resigned in annoyance.

As they left the house, Annabeth kept her eyes on the ground.

"Annabeth, what's wrong?" Percy asked softly.

"I told you, I don't feel good! I don't know why you're trying to make me go out, but it's not like you."

"I'm sorry, Annabeth, I just... well, you'll see later," Percy apologized, and he sounded sincere.

"Whatever," Annabeth sighed and they continued down streets of Demigod City until they made it to the old lake at Camp Halfblood and sat down by the water.

***

A few hours later, while Annabeth was napping on a bench next to Percy, he woke her up and suggested they head home. Still not feeling great, she gladly agreed as he helped her up.