One

Havenwood High School.

I stare upon the large and wide building with the school crest high above the entrance doors; a round-edged crown with three tips and a star above each one, and one star between the two tips. Giving five stars in total.

Another new high school to attend, where I'm once again the new girl in a new unknown town in Queensland, Australia. But it doesn't seem to be anything new. The situation feels old, it feels common. Nothing different about it other than different people and a different place. As always, different school because of the same acts of my step-brother, Brian. Because of Brian Sutherton's lack of ability to control his anger, his constant short temper gets himself expelled from school causing us to move.

Brian is never violent at home; however, he tends to take out his anger onto other students when they provoke him. The size of Brian's self-control is identical to a peanut. As a result, he has been expelled from four different schools. I'm surprised how he even managed to get enrolled into Havenwood High School.

"You must be Senera Sutherton."

Someone steps into my view. My eyes are immediately staring into bright, electric blue eyes. I step back to see the person standing in front of me. A girl, around the same age as me, smiles as her eyes glitter with excitement. Her blonde hair is let out in loose waves, perfectly framing her heart-shaped face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," she says. "In a small town like Havenwood, it's easy to point out who the new student is," she explains.

"Right," I say, unsure of what to say.

"I'm Reyna Fields," she introduces. Naturally, I would see this as the part where I introduce myself. But seeing as she already knew who I was, I am lost with words. So instead, I smile. "My father is Henry Fields. I'm sure you met him. He's the chief of police in Havenwood."

The name sounds familiar. I remember dad talking about him during breakfast yesterday morning, that he came over two days ago to welcome us to town. I don't remember meeting Henry Fields, but I'm not surprised that he would know who we are.

In all the schools I've attended, I have never been approached on my first day like this. I wasn't expecting anyone to know who I was. Honestly, I was expecting to be the girl that moved into town who has the step-brother that everyone loved.

"Well, as the daughter of the Havenwood Chief, I believe it should be my responsibility to show you around school and help you feel more comfortable in Havenwood," she smiles. I nod, accepting her kindness. "After we head to the administration office and getting your timetable, I thought I could show you where your locker is and your first class."

"That'd be great, thank you."

Reyna continues speaking. Faintly, I hear the familiar piercing noise echoing through the air. I turn my attention to the source and see the head of the clock tower. It's exactly eight o'clock in the morning. "Oh, that's the clock tower in town square. You probably saw it. I mean, it's very difficult to not notice the tallest building in Havenwood. Where ever you are, you're likely to see the tower."

I did see that tower. I only remember seeing it on that night. Only a moment of my day I don't think about that night. Every other second of the day, my mind travels back to the memory of my alleged death. The memory of that night engulfs me with fear, sorrow and confusion. I don't dare speak of this to anyone. Mostly because I can't accept the truth. I keep it to myself, hoping that it was just a dream. A dream that feels so real, but only is a fabrication of my own subconscious mind.

Despite that I keep telling myself to not think about it, to move on and concentrate about school, I always picture the black gloved hand. I need to know whose hand that was. I need to know why I was there and how come I don't remember anything. I come up with multiple reasons of why I couldn't remember anything; a side effect after waking up from the dead? Is it normal for someone to wake up somewhere in the middle of the night and believe they died?